Computer Use Policy
To ensure that campus computing resources are being used reasonably, ethically and appropriately, the following guidelines have been implemented:
- Unauthorized use of facilities, networks or passwords is prohibited;
- Users must ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all files and programs; facilities should not be used to: install, run or copy software without a license to do so; create or install viruses; conduct commercial business; harass others; transmit offensive material; guess or decrypt passwords of others; deprive authorized users of access; secure a higher level of privilege than permitted by the College; change or delete another user’s files or software without her/his permission.
- Users should not damage, change settings, reconfigure or create unnecessary traffic on College-owned hardware or software.
- Please note that Residence Hall students may purchase network cards at the campus bookstore. Computer services staff will assist with installation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- To help save space on the server, email messages will be purged after 180 days.
- Students may also create personal web pages. This policy may be found on the portal page under documents, forms and policies.