Tips to Be Successful
Tips to be Successful
If you need resources to be successful, you’ve come to the right place.
- Time Management: Set an appropriate amount of time aside to read notes, books, and study regularly while balancing other obligations.
- Use all free time in between classes to study. Make sure you study on Fridays and Saturdays as well.
- Organize Your Time: Each night before bed, make up your schedule for the next day. Include time for studying, class, and other requirements. You may also schedule for the week ahead when aware of events happening at the end of the week. Your weekly schedule may include non-study activities.
- If you have any further questions, please contact Academic Advising at (814) 886-6420.
Things to keep in mind
- You must maintain 12 credits to be considered a full time student. You must pass 24 credits within an academic year to make progress towards Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid differs between full time students and part time students.
- If you plan on dropping a class, you must speak with your advisor first.
- While EE courses are credited and are used in Financial Aid, they do not count as credits earned towards graduation or as elective credits.
- You must meet with your advisor within the first 2 weeks of class.
- In order to graduate on time, you must have 15 credits per semester or be willing to take summer classes.
- Plenty of resources are available to you on campus. Take advantage of them.
- It is your responsibility as a student to become familiar with the College Catalog and the requirements for your major.