Office of Career Development – Mission Statement
The office of Career Development will assist students and alumni with career planning goals including but not limited to major selection, career counseling, resume preparation, job and internship search, and interview preparation. Career Development also strives to introduce students to online and professional resources on how to succeed in their chosen field, while also providing area job fair information, on-campus events, workshops, graduate school resources, and access to area employer information.
The office also provides employers with resources to post jobs and internships and promote opportunities on campus. Whether you are a student or alumni, employer, or parent, Mount Aloysius College Career Development is dedicated to helping students achieve success in their chosen field.Mounties@Work Student/Alumni Login Student and Alumni Services
- Career Counseling Appointments: Meet one-on-one with a career counselor and start discussing your career goals today. Can’t decide on a major? Contact us and we’ll get you started on the Focus 2 assessment tool to assist you! Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an appointment.
- Career Events & Workshops: Interactive career development events that will ensure you’re on the track to success. A full list of events available under “Career Events and Workshops.”
- Career Planning Assessments: “Focus 2” and “Myers-Briggs” are licensed programs designed to assist students who are unsure of academic majors and career plans by assessing interests, aptitude, and personality type, as well as providing specific career descriptions, salary ranges, job outlook and educational requirements.
- Documents: Download our professional resources for assistance under the “Documents for Success” tab on this webpage. Stop by our office for examples of resumes and interview questions by field.
- Graduate School Preparation: Learn about graduate school opportunities at Mount Aloysius College and schools around the country. Resources available for exploration and preparation.
- Internship Assistance: Local, regional and national level internship information is provided for securing the hands on experience that employers seek in employees. Visit Mounties@Work for information on local internships or www.internships.com for information on national internships available.
- Job/Internship Fairs: Job and internship fairs are offered in the area for a great chance to network with employers.
- Linked-In Demonstrations: Create a professional Linked-In account, and seek advice from our experts! You can visit https://university.linkedin.com/linkedin-for-students for a great tutorial on how to get started for students.
- Mock Interviews: One-on-one interview practice to build confidence and improve interview skills. Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an appointment.
- Mounties@Work: An online employment search engine especially for Mount Aloysius students and alumni! View jobs, internships and more. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
- Resumé Critiques: Have your resume critiqued or get started on one by visiting our office for a resume-writing packet and one-on-one appointment. Contact Ellen Coyle to set up an appointment.
- Alumni Brochure – Download our Alumni Brochure to understand all the different ways Career Development can help you beyond graduation.
- Career Success Plan – – Download our “Success” plan to find out how the office can assist you with selecting a major and determining the right career path for you.
- Resume-Writing Packet – Download our Resume-Writing Booklet with power verbs, resume examples and details for successful resume/cover letter writing.
- Interview Prep Booklet – Download our Interviewing Booklet for great tips on how to interview with confidence.
- Mounties@Work: Create an account or sign in to post job and internship opportunities for students and alumni to view. Mounties@Work Employer Login
- On-Campus Interviews: Would you like to interview on campus for an internship or full-time job opportunity? Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an interview day!
- Event and Workshop Volunteers: Interested in getting involved in mock interview fairs, networking events, or professional attire workshops? We always enjoy having our employers on campus to assist with a wide variety of events. Contact us today.
- Information Sessions: Interested in promoting your organization on campus? Contact us today.
Stay tuned for upcoming Spring 2016 Workshops and Events!
Not sure what to major in or if the major you currently have is right for you? Success starts with taking action. Set up an appointment with a career counselor by contacting Kristy Magee at 814-886-6320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. View our step-by-step Career Success Plan. The office offers the following two career assessments that will be assigned to you by the career counselor.
- FOCUS 2 Career Interest Assessment: An online, interactive career & education planning system that combines self assessment, career exploration and decision making into one comprehensive program. Visit https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=756. Access code when creating a new account is mountie.
- Myers Briggs Personality Assessment: An online assessment that allows you to explore careers by personality type and related goals. Visit https://online.cpp.com/en/index.aspx and login is atthemount1 and password is gomounties2010. Leave the User ID blank for now and one will be assigned to you when it is complete. Take the MBTI Step 1 (form M).
RESOURCES FOR CAREER RESEARCH
- O*Net Online: Research your career and find opportunities in your major today!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A great resource for exploring different fields and career information.
- Glassdoor: Search jobs, find company information, and search through salary databases. A great resource for job exploration!
- Peterson’s Graduate School Guide: Graduate school guide for masters and doctorate programs.
- Peterson’s Graduate Personal Statements: Information and tips regarding graduate school personal statements and essays.
- Discover Nursing: Offers information and details on a wide variety of nursing careers.
- Explore Health Careers– Provides details and information on various careers in the health sector.
RESOURCES FOR JOB SEARCH
- Mounties@Work: A free online database specifically for Mount Aloysius College students and alumni to search local jobs and internships posted by local employers. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
- Indeed: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Simply Hired: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Job Gateway: JobGatewaySM is the state’s premier job-matching tool developed to transform the landscape of how job-seekers find jobs and how employers find talent. The user-friendly job-matching system was created to connect employers and job seekers all in one place, free of charge.
- Internships.com: Find an internship anywhere in the country.
- GI Jobs: A great job search resource for veterans and those in the military.
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission: Search for state jobs in Pennsylvania.
- USA Jobs.Gov: Job search site for federal employment.
- Student Success & Development Suite Room 101, Main Administration Building
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Career Development on Facebook
- Career Development on Linked In
- Career Development on Pinterest
- Career Development on Twitter
Need assistance or have a question? Contact Us!
MEET THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT TEAM