The office of Career Development will assist students and alumni with career planning related goals including but not limited to major selection, career counseling, resume preparation, job and internship search, and interview preparation. Career Development also strives to introduce students to online and professional resources on how to succeed in their chosen field, while also providing area job fair information, on-campus events, workshops, and access to area employer information.
The office also provides employers with resources to post jobs and internships and promote opportunities on campus through the Mounties@Work system. Whether you are a student or alumni, employer, or parent, Mount Aloysius College Career Development is dedicated toward meeting your needs.About Us
- Cosgrave 102; Barb Nagy
- Library Career Development Center; Kristy Magee
- Library Career Development Center; Ellen Coyle
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mounties@Work: An online employment search engine especially for Mount Aloysius students and alumni! View jobs, internships and more by signing up or logging in.
Resume Critiques: Have your resume critiqued or get started on one by visiting our office for a resume-writing packet and one-on-one appointment. Contact Ellen Coyle to set up an appointment.
Resume Writing Workshops: Weekly workshops available for resume-writing preparation every Thursday at 4:00pm in the Library. Complete schedule under “Workshops & Events.”
Mock Interviews: One-on-one interview practice to build confidence and improve interview skills.
The Internship Initiative: Local, regional and national level internship information is provided for securing the hands on experience that employers seek in employees. Visit Mounties@Work for information on local internships or Internships.com for information on national internships available.
Career Events & Workshops: Interactive career development events that will ensure you’re on the track to success. A full list of events available under “Career Events and Workshops.”
Career Planning Assessments: “Focus 2” and “Myers-Briggs” are licensed programs designed to assist students who are unsure of academic majors and career plans by assessing interests, aptitude, and personality type, as well as providing specific career descriptions, salary ranges, job outlook and educational requirements.
Career Counseling Appointments: Meet one-on-one with a career counselor and start planning your career goals today. Can’t decide on a major? Contact us and we’ll get you started! Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an appointment.
Job/Internship Fairs: Job and internship fairs are offered in the area for a great chance to network with employers.
Graduate School Preparation Assistance: Learn about graduate school opportunities at Mount Aloysius College and schools around the country. Resources available for exploration and preparation.
Mounties@Work: Create an account or sign in to post job and internship opportunities for students and alumni to view. Mounties@Work Employer Login
Mountie Mentor Program: Alumni & Employers: Become a mentor to a student by offering career advice or networking opportunities today! Complete the Mountie Mentor form to sign up.
On-Campus Interviews: Would you like to interview on campus for an internship or full-time job opportunity? Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an interview day!
JIFE 2014: The annual Job & Internship Fair Extravaganza partnered with Saint Francis University will take place at Saint Francis University on Thursday, April 3rd from 11am – 3pm. Contact Barb Nagy for information on registration.
RESUME-WRITING WORKSHOPS BY FIELD – 4:00 PM, LIBRARY PRACTICE PRESENTATION ROOM
- Thursday, January 16th (General Studies majors)
- Thursday, January 23rd (Business, Accounting, Information Technology, Applied Technology majors)
- Thursday, January 30th (ASL/Interpreting & Education majors)
- Thursday, February 6th (English & Theatre majors)
- Thursday, February 13th (Criminology, History, Political Science & Legal Studies majors)
- Thursday, February 27th (Psychology majors)
- Tuesday, March 4th (Graduate School & Professional Studies majors)
- Thursday, March 6th (Nursing majors)
- Thursday, March 20th (All Health Sciences majors)
- Thursday, April 10th (Open workshop for all Liberal Arts/Humanities division)
- Thursday, April 24th (Open workshop for all Health-related majors in Nursing & Health Sciences)
- Thursday, May 1st (Open for all)
- Thursday, May 8th (Open for all)
- Mock Interview Fair: Thursday, February 20th, 3:30 PM, Cosgrave Meeting Rooms – Sign-up available here!
- WESTPACS Job & Internship Fair: Wednesday, March 12th, 10 AM – 3:00 PM, Monroeville Convention Center (Monroeville, PA) - Sign-up available here!
- PERC Education Job Fair: Wednesday, March 26th, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Monroeville Convention Center (Monroeville, PA) – Sign up available here!
- Job & Internship Fair Extravaganza (JIFE): Thursday, April 3rd, 11 am – 3 pm, Saint Francis University (Loretto, PA)
- “Graduation: Now What?” Presentation: Tuesday, April 15th, 3:30 PM, Cosgrave Meeting Rooms
EXPLORING A MAJOR AND CAREER
FOCUS 2 Assessment: An online, interactive career & education planning system that combines self assessment, career exploration and decision making into one comprehensive program. Visit https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=756. Access code when creating a new account is mountie.
Myers Briggs Assessment: An online assessment that allows you to explore careers by personality type and related goals. Visit https://online.cpp.com/en/index.aspx and login is atthemount1 and password is gomounties2010. Leave the User ID blank for now and one will be assigned to you when it is complete. Take the MBTI Step 1 (form M).
RESOURCES FOR CAREER RESEARCH
O*Net Online: Research your career and find opportunities in your major today!
Occupational Outlook Handbook: A great resource for exploring different fields and career information.
Glassdoor: Search jobs, find company information, and search through salary databases. A great resource for job exploration!
Simply Hired: A great resource for job search in any field.
Indeed: A great resource for job search in any field.
Internships.com: Find an internship anywhere in the country.
Discover Nursing: Offers information and details on a wide variety of nursing careers.
Explore Health Careers- Provides details and information on various careers in the health sector.
Need assistance or have a question? Contact Us!
MEET THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT TEAM