Level One: Hearing Process
The Director of Residence Life or his/her representative conducts a hearing with each student who is allegedly involved in a violation of College rules, regulations or policies. The hearing procedures are as follows:
- The student will be notified that his/her name is mentioned on an incident report.
- A hearing occurs with the student to discuss and review the incident report.
- The specific violations are summarized and presented to the student on a Judicial Record Form and the student is given the opportunity to admit violation of college rules, regulations or policies, or to deny any violation.
- If the student admits to the violation, sanctions are immediately issued.
- If the student is believed to be responsible for a violation by the hearing officer and denies any violation, a full judicial hearing is scheduled.
- If, in the judgment of the hearing officer, the violation which is reported is more serious in nature, a full judicial hearing may be immediately scheduled.
In situations where allegations are significant in nature, at the discretion of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the case may be moved to the pre-board review level to commence a judicial board action.