Room/Vehicle Entry and Inspection
The College reserves the right to inspect a student’s room under the following conditions:
- Periodic room inspection occurs on a regular basis during vacation periods and at other times during the semster for health and safety purposes. This will consist of checking rooms for missing property, damages, fire hazards and the general order and well-being of the building.
- Fulfilling maintenance or custodial needs.
- Clear indication that establishes health or safety regulations are being violated.
- Clear and present danger to the room occupants or other residents exists.
- Reasonable suspicion that students are violating federal, state, or local laws, or College regulations. Under this condition, staff members may enter a room or vehicle at any time after knocking at the door and identifying themselves.
NOTE: The College reserves the right to initiate steps for the removal of items which are the property of the College or of its agents which are in a resident’s room without approval. Additionally, the College reserves the right to confiscate items from resident rooms and vehicles that are in violation of College regulations.