Financial Aid for Transfer Students
Mid-Year Transfer Student Checklist
**You MUST complete each bulleted item.**
- Update the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- If you filed the FAFSA online , you may use your PIN number to update the FAFSA. Go to the FAFSA website and select ‘Make Corrections to a Completed FAFSA'. To add Mount Aloysius College to the FAFSA, enter the school code of 003302 and update your housing status. If you misplaced your PIN number, you may re-establish it online.
- If you filed the FAFSA by mail, you will need to supply Part 2 of the Student Aid Report (SAR), to the Financial Aid Office. You must add Mount Aloysius College to part 2 and update your housing status. You and your parent (if applicable) must sign and date the form for the college to make the change. If you can not find your copy of the SAR, please call 1-800-433-3243 to request a duplicate report.
- Complete the State Grant Program Enrollment Information Form
This form will allow Mount Aloysius to access your PHEAA State Grant . The Enrollment Change Form can be returned to the Financial Aid Office, or you may send it directly to PHEAA.
- Stafford Loan Changes
If you will be using Federal Stafford Loan monies to assist in paying your tuition, you must contact the school you attended in the Fall and request they cancel the second disbursement of the loan if you borrowed for the entire year. The amount you can receive for the Spring will be based on the amount you borrowed for Fall and your grade level at Mount Aloysius for the Spring. Your grade level is based on the number of credits that will transfer into Mount Aloysius. If you have never borrowed a Stafford Loan, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note for the Federal Stafford Loan. To check your total loan debt, go to http://www.nslds.ed.gov/.
- Parent Plus Loan Changes
A Parent Plus Loan must be treated the same as a Stafford Loan. Follow the instructions listed above. Parents who have applied for the Plus loan and have been denied will need to apply with Mount Aloysius as the college and receive the denial again.
- Submit Final Transcripts for all previously attended colleges
The final transcripts will be reviewed to determine how many credits have been earned towards your new program of study. Students who have received prior state grant assistance at another institution are required to submit final transcripts to the Registrar's Office at Mount Aloysius. Academic progress requirements for the PHEAA State Grant program require the College to verify that you were successfully making academic progress at your prior institution before transferring to Mount Aloysius. PHEAA State Grant funds will not be credited to the student's account until the transcripts are received and progress has been checked.
- Verification Process
If you were selected for verification, you will be required to submit copies of you and your parents (if applicable) Federal Tax Return(s) and W-2 forms to the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office will notify you if these documents are required to complete your file. Your financial aid will not be processed until Verification is completed.