International students are welcome to apply to Mount Aloysius College for both the fall and spring semesters. International students are responsible for following the same procedures as all freshmen or transfer students. The following is a list of what must be supplied or completed when applying to Mount Aloysius College as an international student.
- Submit a completed Application for Admissions with a non-refundable $30 fee, payable only once.
- Submit official high school and college transcripts. Please send your official transcripts to an international agency or to an embassy to have scores converted to the United States academic scale. We recommend using World Education Services for transcript conversion. You may reach this agency at 1-800-937-3897 or 1-202-331-2925.
- A TOEFL score is required as part of the application for an individual whose native language is other than English.
- Students who perform below a 500 on SAT Math or 173 on the TOEFL and below a 500 on the SAT Critical Reading may be required to take Educational Enrichment courses. (Please see Educational Enrichment section in this catalog.) However, everyone is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and admission is never guaranteed.
- All international students who are age 23 or younger must complete the SAT or ACT and send official scores.
- International athletes must submit the SAT/ACT regardless of age.
- Courses from international colleges and universities will be considered for transfer credit on a case-by-case basis. These courses must be equivalent to a “C” or better and comparable to a Mount Aloysius College course.
- If offered admissibility to Mount Aloysius College, an international student must return a financial affidavit form to the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions within two weeks of receiving the acceptance letter. The office will provide an I-20 form when the tuition deposit and room reservation fee of $325 is received. Your tuition and room and board fees for the first semester must be paid in full to the Controller’s Office by the billing due date and prior to arriving to the United States.
- Housing is available to international students. During major college breaks, the residence halls will be closed. However, the institution will make every effort to find available off-campus housing when the residence halls are closed.
- Mount Aloysius College upholds the policy for international students as set forth by the United States Department of Immigration and Naturalization, the United States Department of Homeland Security, and SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Submit proof of health insurance.
- Health forms including health history, physical exam and immunization record, are obtained from the Health Services Office. Completed health forms are returned to the Director of Health Services and kept confidential. Health forms are required of all students prior to the start of classes.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions at 1-888-823-2220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Freshmen Admissions