At Mount Aloysius College, we want to know who you are, not just the information that is on the paper or
on your online application. Our counselors are committed to speaking with you when you have questions
or concerns. This is why Mount Aloysius makes every effort to discuss the admissions process and
requirements with every prospective student. Apply today!
Admission Requirements — Associate and Bachelor Degrees
Prospective students must submit the following materials to the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate
Admissions, Mount Aloysius College, Cresson, PA 16630, (814) 886-6383:
- Application for Admission with non-refundable $30 fee, payable once;
- Evidence of completion (or anticipated completion) of study at an approved secondary school (or GED diploma);
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores. Taking the college placement test does not exempt a student from submitting test scores. Test scores must be received prior to matriculation. *Note: Test scores are not required of an applicant who has graduated five years prior to date of application.
- Health forms including health history, physical exam and immunization record, are obtained from the Health Services Office. Completed health forms are returned to the Director of Health Services and kept confidential. Health forms are required of all students prior to the start of classes.
- An official copy of the secondary school transcript must be sent directly from the high school to the Vice President for Enrollment Management. The transcript should include all pertinent data available, including the SAT, ACT, or CLT results. Persons presenting a GED diploma must have the scores forwarded from the testing center to the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions
Learn more by reading the MAC Freshman FAQs.
Transfer and returning adult students are welcome and treated like first-class students at Mount Aloysius College.
We do everything we can to minimize headaches and make your life easier as you transfer or enroll at Mount Aloysius College as an adult student. We’ll guide you every step of the way.
When you transfer to Mount Aloysius, you may bring up to 40 credits into an Associate Degree program to complete an Associate Degree, or 90 credits into a Baccalaureate Degree program. Bring in an unofficial copy of your transcript when you visit and we’ll tell you what will transfer while you are here.
Students who have completed an Associate Degree may be able to come into a compatible Bachelors Degree at Mount Aloysius College with Junior standing. These students will be given 60 credits for their degree.
How do you begin your transfer?
- Submit a completed application, an official high school transcript, official college transcript(s) and
a non-refundable $30.00 application fee. Once we receive all that, we’ll perform an official credit
review and consider your file for acceptance. Within two weeks of your completed application you
should have an answer!
- Credits with a grade “C” or better will be considered for transfer. Only credits that are equivalent
to Mount Aloysius courses, in a program of study, will be reviewed.
- Transfer students are eligible for Academic Merit Scholarships.
Learn more by reading our MAC Transfer FAQ’s.
International students are welcome to apply to Mount Aloysius College for both the fall and spring semesters. International students are responsible for following the same procedures as all freshmen or transfer students. The following is a list of what must be supplied or completed when applying to Mount Aloysius College as an international student.
If you are an eligible non-citizen and have an Alien Registration Number, are a permanent resident and you have an Alien Registration Card or a conditional permanent resident, you are eligible to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and may be eligible to receive federal and state funding such as grants, work-study, and student loans.
- Submit a completed Application for Admissions with a non-refundable, one-time $30 fee.
- Submit official secondary school (high school) academic records (transcripts, certificates,
and diplomas) with certified English translations. Students transferring from other universities
should also submit all official university transcripts. We strongly encourage all students to submit
transcripts using World Education Services or another member of the National Association of
Credential Evaluation Services. Transcripts from students who are not required to use a foreign
educational credential evaluation service and are sent to MAC directly must have the official seal of
- A TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English test score is required as part of the application for an individual whose native language is not English.
- For the TOEFL, students must score above a 173 (Computer Based) or 61 (Internet Based). For the IELTS,
a 5.5 is required as the minimum score. For the Duolingo English test, a score of 31 or higher is required.
Students below a 500 on the SAT verbal section may be required to take our college placement exam.
However, everyone is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and admission is never guaranteed.
- International students who are age 23 or younger may have to complete the SAT or ACT test for
- Courses from international colleges and universities will be considered for transfer credit on a
case-by-case basis. These courses must be equivalent to a “C” or better and comparable to a Mount
Aloysius College course after a full credential evaluation is completed.
- Graduate students are required to submit two letters of recommendation, a personal goal statement
and resume, along with undergraduate final transcripts. An entrance exam may also be required.
- If accepted into Mount Aloysius College, an international student must return a financial
affidavit form to the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions within two weeks of
receiving the acceptance letter.
- The office will provide an I-20 form when the tuition deposit and room reservation fee of $325 is received. Your tuition and room and board fees for the first semester must be paid in full to the Controller’s Office by the billing due date and prior to arriving to the United States.
- Housing is available and is mandatory for traditionally aged full-time international students during their
entire time at MAC. During major college breaks, the residence halls will be closed. However, the institution
will make every effort to find available off-campus housing when the residence halls are closed. For
non-traditional international students, they must find off campus housing on their own.
- Mount Aloysius College upholds the policy for international students as set forth by the United
States Department of Immigration and Naturalization, the United States Department of Homeland
Security, and SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Submit proof of health insurance.
- Health forms including health history, physical exam and immunization forms, are obtained
from the Health Services Office and their website. Completed health forms are returned to the Director
of Health Services and kept confidential. Health forms are required of all students prior to the start of
Contact the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions at 1-888-823-2220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for Graduate School at Mount Aloysius College, applicants must submit the following information to the office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions:
- An application with professional career/goal statement and a non-refundable $30 fee.
- An official transcript issued to Mount Aloysius College from every institution, regardless of whether or not a degree was earned. An official transcript is one that is sent or carried to the College in an envelope sealed by the granting university.
- Applicants with an overall grade point average above a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale are NOT required
to take the GMAT/GRE. The GMAT/GRE score must be less than five years old at the time of
application. Applicants already holding an advanced degree will be waived from the GMAT/GRE
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English
Language (TOEFL) or the IELTS exam. TOEFL scores must be above 213 (computer based)
or 70 (internet based). If the applicant has a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally-
accredited U.S. college or university, the TOEFL/IELTS requirement is waived.
At the discretion of the Committee of Graduate School Admissions, applicants may be asked to submit
letters of recommendation that verify professional experience, academic ability, volunteer experience, and
aptitude for the proposed career path, as well as complete a personal interview.
Applicants to the General Psychology and the Community Counseling program must show evidence of
successful completion of undergraduate statistics. If an applicant has not completed an undergraduate
statistics course, he or she is expected to do so prior to matriculation, or, is expected to enroll in an
undergraduate statistics course as part of his or her program.
Students may be accepted on a provisional basis if they do not meet all the academic admission
requirements for official acceptance. Students accepted on a provisional basis are permitted to enroll in
up to six credits (2 classes). Provisional status will be removed if the student receives a letter grade of
“B” or better in each course. Provisional acceptance is done a case-per-case basis.
Students who have not been formally accepted into a graduate program at Mount Aloysius College are
eligible to enroll in up to six credits of coursework as a non-matriculating student.
Transfer Credits from other Colleges\Universities
Students are asked to make requests in writing to the Director of Graduate and Continuing Education. An
official college transcript must accompany the written request. A maximum of six credits (2 classes) will
be considered for transfer from another college.
Courses considered for transfer must meet the following criteria:
- three credit, graduate level (500 – 600 level)
- a letter grade of “B” or better
- comparable to one of our courses (course titles and descriptions must be substantially the same)
- completed within the last ten years
Transfer credits will appear on the transcript as fulfilling program requirements or as electives. Transfer
credits do not affect the student’s GPA. All transfer credits are made in semester credits. Therefore, any
transfer credits based upon credit systems will be converted to semester credits. Semester credit values
are rounded to the nearest hundredth. If a student is awarded transfer credit, he or she may not receive
credit at Mount Aloysius College that duplicates the learning for which transfer credit was given. The
Program Coordinator will judge the similarity of the courses. The Registrar will review the request and
make the final decision.
For more information, visit our Graduate FAQs page.
Returning adult students are welcome and treated like first-class students at Mount Aloysius College.
We do everything we can to minimize headaches and make your life easier for the student. We’ll guide you every step of the way.
What do I need to do to start at MAC?
- Submit a completed application, an official high school transcript and a non-refundable $30.00 application fee(the fee is waived if you visit in person). Once we receive all that, we’ll perform an official credit review and consider your file for acceptance. Within two weeks of your completed application you should have an answer!
- SAT/ACT scores are needed if you graduated within the past five years from high school
- You need to complete the FAFSA form for Financial Aid purposes
- Returning Adults students are eligible for Academic Merit Scholarships.
For more information, visit our Adult Student FAQ page.
Upcoming Admission Events
Questions? Contact a member of our enrollment management team!
Meghin E. Pettenati
Transfer & Returning Adult Freshmen Admissions
Graduate & Continuing Education Admissions