Graduate FAQ

Home » Future Students » Future Student FAQs » Graduate FAQ
Where can I find more information regarding the graduate programs?

The Graduate Program page has a full listing of all graduate programs offered at Mount Aloysius College.  You can also contact the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education Admissions at 814-886-6406 or email

Who do I schedule an appointment with regarding graduate school?

All prospective students are encouraged to meet with the Director of Graduate and Continuing Education Admissions.  The GCE Office is opened Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend appointments are accommodated upon requested. Please contact GCE at or 814-886-6406.

How do I apply for admission to a graduate program?

You can apply in person, online or send a traditional paper application.  Visiting campus is strongly encouraged.  During your visit to campus, the Director of Graduate and Continuing Education Admissons will review program details.  All applicants who visit and apply in person will have the graduate application fee waived. It is our way of saying thank you for visiting!

What are the admission requirements?
  • An application with a professional career/goal statement and a $30 application fee
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • Official undergraduate transcript(s)
  • Resume
  • Applicants with an overall GPA above a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale are NOT required to take the GMAT/GRE exam.  Applicants who already hold an advanced degree are NOT required to take the GMAT/GRE.  Applicants below the 3.2 overall GPA requirement will e reviewed on a case by case basis to determine the need for the GMAT/GRE.  GMAT/GRE scores must be less than 5 years old at the time of application.

An undergraduate statistics course and an interview with the program coordinator is required for the Community Counseling and Psychology programs.

What are the admissions deadlines?

The GCE office has a rolling admissions allowing student to be accepted for the fall, spring and summer semesters.  Applications and admission materials are to be sent to the GCE Office.  Once all admission materials are received the student’s file is reviewed for acceptance.  An interview with the program coordinator is required for the Community Counseling and Psychology programs.

How do I find out the status of my graduate application?

Students can contact the GCE Office at 814-886-6406 or 1-888-823-2220 or email regarding the status of their application.

Must I send official transcripts from every college I have attended?

Yes! Official undergraduate transcripts are required from every college must be sent.

Can the admission materials be faxed or emailed?

Yes, the Application, Resume, and  Letters of Recommendation may be faxed to 814-886-2978 or emailed to

What should I write in my personal statement?

Applicants are encouraged to write a strong personal statement that emphasizes a their professional goals and career direction. Applicants should take the personal statement as a serious admissions requirement.

How much is the tuition?

The College provides very affordable tuition for graduate students.  Students enrolled in 6 credits or less are considered part-time, while students enrolled in 9 credits or more  are considered full-time.  More information regarding graduate tuition and fees can be found on our Tuition & Fees page.

Is financial aid available? How do I apply?

Mount Aloysius College offers the Stafford Loan Program to all students who wish to apply. Please refer to Financial Aid page.

When and where are the courses offered?

Courses are offered on our main campus in an 8 week accelerated format with some courses offered in a blended format or fully online.

Does the College accept transfer credits from other graduate schools?

Yes, a maximum of six credits of graduate work completed with a letter grade of “B” or better at an accredited institution will be considered.  A transfer evaluation will be completed as part of the admissions process.  Additional course information may be requested for official transfer.

Can I take individual graduate courses without actually being admitted into a specific graduate program?

Students who submit an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher learning signaling the successful completion of a bachelor degree with an appropriate GPA, may be given permission to take up to six credits as a non-matriculated student (meaning you are not officially accepted into a program). Non-matriculated students do not qualify for financial aid.

What are the requirements for readmission into a graduate program?

Students wishing to be readmitted must contact the GCE Office at 814-886-6406.  While the process is simple, all readmits must be approved by the Director of Graduate and Continuing Education Admissions.


Questions? Contact a member of our Graduate and Continuing Education Admissions Office!

Photo of Matthew Bodenschatz

Matthew Bodenschatz

Director of Graduate & Continuing Education Admissions

Photo of Kelley Sable

Kelley Sable

GCE Admissions Coordinator

Photo of Jules Dill

Jules Dill

Dual Enrollment Coordinator

Aerial Photo of Mount Aloysius Campus