Welcome to Mount Aloysius Residence Life and Housing Services.
The Department of Residence Life and Housing at Mount Aloysius College is tasked with providing a safe, community-centered living environment on campus. The Department also enriches campus life through the creation of co-curricular events that broaden and deepen students’ academic experiences.
Important Resident Student Information
- All resident students are required to be on the board plan.
- All residence halls are smoke-free. Students can smoke outside in designated areas.
- Laundry facilities are available for student use. BRING QUARTERS!!
- All residence hall rooms are wired for cable TV and wireless Internet access. Wireless Internet and Local network access is available via an Ethernet cable.
- Parking is available. Permits are $35 and available through our Security Department.
- Student ID cards are photo ID cards that all students are required to carry in order to gain access to their assigned residence hall, utilize their meal plan, check out books in the library and attend college events.
- All resident students are issued a physical room key for their individual living areas. Students are responsible to carry their room keys with them at all times.
The Residence Life Department is open to assist students Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We have four office locations:
Chris Koren, Director, located in Cosgrave Student Center Office #112
Matt Lovell, Assistant Director, located in Cosgrave Student Center Office #116
Ihmsen Hall Residence Life Office, located under the Ihmsen Breezeway (also the student package center)
McAuley Hall Residence Life Office, located in the McAuley ground floor lobby.
Please call us either (814) 886-6407 or (814) 886-6388. Email inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
The college operates five residence halls; Ihmsen Hall, St. Gertrude Hall, St. Joseph Hall, Misciagna Hall and McAuley Hall. The college owns one off-campus house located at 425 Park Avenue, Cresson, PA. All of the residence halls have lounge areas, public microwaves, wireless internet, Cable TV access and laundry facilities.
Information and video tours for each residence hall can be found below.Misciagna Hall
Misciagna Residence Hall offers students suite living in a wireless environment, with central air conditioning. Each suite has a living room with a couch and chairs, a kitchenette that includes a microwave, sink and small refrigerator. The suites feature two bedrooms and a bathroom. Laundry facilities are located on each of the three floors.
Ihmsen Residence Hall rooms are cozy and comfortable, with attached semi-private bathrooms. Each room also comes equipped with cable TV and wireless internet access. Kitchen facilities, microwaves, TV lounges and computer rooms are spread throughout the building as well.
And there’s plenty of fun potential! Goofing around and relaxing are made easy thanks to indoor lounges, spacious outdoor patios, and grassy lawns that are perfect for soccer balls and sunbathing.
Located on space to the south of Pierce Hall, McAuley Hall faces the green space between Academic and Pierce Halls. This brick building houses 103 students in double rooms with shared bathrooms between rooms.
St. Joseph’s Hall is an all women’s residence hall which houses primarily first-year students. Each room in St. Joseph’s Hall contains its own sink, and mirror. Each resident is provided with a bed, dresser, desk, and chair. Residents on each floor share a common bathroom which is cleaned daily by Housekeeping staff.
Watch the playlist of videos below to see and hear about the MAC ResLife Experience from current residents!
What to Bring
- Mattress Pad/Pillow
- Sheets/Pillow Cases
- Alarm Clock
- Laundry Detergent/Basket
- Refrigerator (UL approved, 3.1 cubic feet)
- Surge Protector with 15 amp
- Reading Lamp
- Crates/Small Table
- School Supplies
- Waste Basket
- Sewing Kit
- Shower Cleaner
- Phone card
- Rug – St. Joe’s & Ihmsen rooms 11′x11′
- Rug – Misciagna Hall bedrooms 10′x14′
You will be provided with a twin-size bunkable bed, dresser, desk, chair, mirror, sink/vanity, and closet.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Halogen Lamps
- Water Beds
- Hot Plates
- Microwaves, Electric or Toaster Ovens
- Space Heaters
- Air Conditioners
- Candles, Incense, Potpourri
- Loud Amplified Stereos
- Christmas lights/decorations