Counseling and Disability Services
Saint Joseph Hall - Room 101
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
A licensed professional counselor is available for counseling and consultation. Common goals of counseling include:
- To learn to deal with uncomfortable emotional issues such as anger, anxiety, shyness, depression, grief, guilt, fear, jealousy and low self-esteem.
- To improve relationships with family, friends, instructors, co-workers, employers and others.
- To learn time management and stress management skills.
- To overcome test anxiety and fear of public speaking.
- To increase communication skills, including social skills, assertiveness training and conflict resolution.
- To learn new decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- To learn how to deal with a traumatic event.
Services are confidential and are not noted on any student record. Appointments are suggested, but walk-ins are seen as time permits.
Programs on various topics are available for interested student groups .and clubs. Topics include alcoholism and the family, anger management, dream interpretation, procrastination, understanding mental illness, smoking cessation and team building.