Offered as: Bachelor
- Forensic Accounting in Criminal Investigations Concentration
- Digital Forensics Investigation Concentration
Why Study Accounting at Mount Aloysius College?
The Mount Aloysius Accounting program provides students with a strong foundation and an opportunity to work with professors that bring their real-world experiences and expertise into the classroom.
The accounting curriculum is built to prepare students for the CPA examination as well as entry into the job market.
Many students take advantage of the 4+1 program to further their studies and achieve an MBA Degree in as little as 5 years, which fulfills the 150 credit hours for the CPA.
- Public Accountant – Provides auditing, tax, and consulting services to businesses and individuals.
- Private Accountant – Working for one company and gaining in depth knowledge and experience in accounting within a specific practice.
- Government and Not-For-Profit Accountant – This exists to provide goods or services considered socially desirable by and for the general public, a community, or it’s members
Are their job openings? How much will I make?
According to the Occupational Employment Outlook, employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. In general, employment growth of accountants and auditors is expected to be closely tied to the health of the overall economy. As the economy grows, more workers should be needed to The median annual wage for accountants and auditors was $67,190 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $41,400, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $118,930.prepare and examine financial records.
Recent Success Stories
- Jordan Roberts, Class 2012, Elliott Company
- Sarah Spauling, Class of 2016, PricewaterHouse Cooper
- Alex Mezza, Class of 2014, PNC Bank
- Michael Warner, Class of 2011, Guthrie, Belczyk, Associates PC
- Kyle Lawson, Class of 2013, KPMG
Who will teach me?
The accounting department is comprised of full time faculty with 50% terminally degreed and many with many years’ experience in the real world of business. The department also employs adjunct faculty who are currently in the field of business and bring up to date job experience to the discipline.
Dig Deeper!Internship Benefits
MAC Internship Benefits:
- Real World Accounting Exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Ron Gallaher, DRS Technologies
- Rebecca Butler, Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
What’s the next step?
- Request Information (top of this page!)
- Schedule a visit and see the campus
- Apply to become a Mountie!