New Specialization: Sports Management
Watch the video above to learn more about the Business Administration Major with a Special Concentration in Sports Managament at Mount Aloysius College.
Offered as: Associate, Bachelor
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Communications Media
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Sports Management
- Computer Applications
- Business Administration 4+1 (MBA Program)
Why Study Business Administration at Mount Aloysius College?
The Mount Aloysius Business Administration program provides students with a strong foundation and an opportunity to work with professors who bring real-world experiences and expertise into the classroom.
We provide many opportunities for face to face classroom interaction, online offerings, exciting project and experiential learning opportunities. Many students take advantage of the 4+1 program to further their studies and achieve an MBA Degree in as little as 5 years.
- Student-faculty ratio 12:1
- Evening Degree Programs
- Our program ranks in the top 35% in the United States
- Optional 5 year Undergrad/MBA completion route
From My Point of View
“Mount Aloysius College has an exciting Business Program that allows students to excel in many areas through specializations. This allows students to broaden their business scope to advance further after graduation.
All of the professors that teach the courses have had real world experience and bring that to the classroom, making sure you don’t just get textbook definitions. This allows the working world to come to life in college, definitely a positive reinforcement for business students.”
– April Tewksbury, Class of ‘13
Where will I work?
Upon graduation, MAC Business graduates enjoy an excellent job placement and professional employers of our graduates include:
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- UPMC Hospital
- Guthrie Health
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Blair County Senior Services
- Morgan Stanley
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- American Racer Tires
- Northrop Grumman
- Atlanta Hawks
Are there job openings? How much will I make?
According to the Occupational Employment Outlook, employment of business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 8 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations, adding about 632,400 new jobs. A stronger regulatory environment is driving the demand for more accountants and auditors who prepare and examine financial documents.
This median annual wage for business and financial occupations was $65,710 in May 2015, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $36,200.
Recent Success Stories
Ben Legath, Class 2016 -Aerotek Recruiting and Staffing.
April Toushcer, Class of 2011 – Benefits Specialist at Guthrie Health
Who will teach me?
The business department is comprised of full time faculty with 50% terminally degreed and many with many years’ experience working for both profit and nonprofit businesses. The department also employs adjunct faculty who currently work for modern businesses and bring up to date job experience to the discipline.
Watch the video above to learn more about the Business Administration Program at Mount Aloysius College.
Dig Deeper!Internship Benefits
MAC Internship Benefits:
- Real World Accounting Exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Lindsey Mercer, Class of 2016 – Completed her internship with the Altoona Curve.
- Nick DiDiano, Class of 2016 – Completed his internship at Duquesne Light in Pittsburgh as Human Resources Specialists.
- Jordan Campano, Class of 2017- Completed his internship at Revenue Cycle in Pittsburgh as a Health Care Consultant
- Altoona Curve, Pittsburgh PA
- Oryx Nashville, Inc. Nashville, TN
- DRS Technologies, Johnstown, PA
- Blair Companies, Altoona, PA
- Tomahawks, Johnstown, PA
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Tree Tops Schools International Murang’a, (Kenya)
What’s the next step?
- Request Information (top of this page!)
- Schedule a visit and see the campus
- Apply to become a Mountie!