New Specialization: Sports Management
Offered as: Associate, Bachelor
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Communications Media
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Sports Management
- Computer Applications
- Business Administration 4+1 (MBA Program)
Why Study Accounting at Mount Aloysius College?
The Mount Aloysius Business Administration program provides students with a strong foundation and an opportunity to work with professors who bring real-world experiences and expertise into the classroom.
We provide many opportunities for face to face classroom interaction, online offerings, exciting project and experiential learning opportunities. Many students take advantage of the 4+1 program to further their studies and achieve an MBA Degree in as little as 5 years.
Where will I work?
Upon graduation, MAC Business graduates enjoy an excellent job placement and professional employers of our graduates include:
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- UPMC Hospital
- Guthrie Health
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Blair County Senior Services
- Morgan Stanley
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- American Racer Tires
- Northrop Grumman
- Atlanta Hawks
Are their job openings? How much will I make?
According to the Occupational Employment Outlook, employment of business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 8 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations, adding about 632,400 new jobs. A stronger regulatory environment is driving the demand for more accountants and auditors who prepare and examine financial documents.
This median annual wage for business and financial occupations was $65,710 in May 2015, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $36,200.
Recent Success Stories
Ben Legath, Class 2016 -Aerotek Recruiting and Staffing.
April Toushcer, Class of 2011 – Benefits Specialist at Guthrie Health
Who will teach me?
The business department is comprised of full time faculty with 50% terminally degreed and many with many years’ experience working for both profit and nonprofit businesses. The department also employs adjunct faculty who currently work for modern businesses and bring up to date job experience to the discipline.
Dig Deeper!Internship Benefits
MAC Internship Benefits:
- Real World Accounting Exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Lindsey Mercer, Class of 2016 – Completed her internship with the Altoona Curve.
- Nick DiDiano, Class of 2016 – Completed his internship at Duquesne Light in Pittsburgh as Human Resources Specialists.
- Jordan Campano, Class of 2017- Completed his internship at Revenue Cycle in Pittsburgh as a Health Care Consultant
- Altoona Curve, Pittsburgh PA
- Oryx Nashville, Inc. Nashville, TN
- DRS Technologies, Johnstown, PA
- Blair Companies, Altoona, PA
- Tomahawks, Johnstown, PA
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Tree Tops Schools International Murang’a, (Kenya)
What’s the next step?
- Request Information (top of this page!)
- Schedule a visit and see the campus
- Apply to become a Mountie!