A major in Criminology offers a solid foundation in law enforcement, corrections and our justice system. Mount Aloysius Criminology faculty bring first-hand experience to students in all of these areas. Criminology students can also choose to add several different certificates or concentrations in specialty areas and even choose to complete an internship for credit.
Offered as: Associate, Bachelor, Minor
- Forensic Accounting in Criminal Investigations Concentration
- Correctional Administration
- Criminal Justice Addictions Certification
- Forensic Investigation Certification
Minor in Criminology
Students who graduate with a degree in Criminology work in a variety of settings. Mount Aloysius grads go on to become police officers, probation officers, juvenile counselors, correctional officers in state, local and federal prisons and also serve in a variety of municipal, county and state offices. Some grads opt for law school or graduate study.
- Available internships in variety of settings including our local prisons. Upon completion student s are certified as a correctional officer.
- Concentration in Forensic Accounting in Criminal Investigations – This focus is a common pre-requisite for assignment in the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Certificate in Forensic Investigation – enabling grads to investigate crime scenes
- Certificate in Criminal Justice Addictions Professional – course satisfies the academic component of state certification
- Certificate in Correctional Administration
Criminology at Mount Aloysius College prepares students for work in a variety of settings within the criminal justice system. In addition, students will receive a solid foundation in liberal arts, focusing on honing their ability to communicate professionally.