The goal and objectives of the Behavioral Specialist Consulting degree center on preparing students for licensure as a Behavioral Specialist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The curriculum is designed to expose students to research, theory, and applications in most subfields of psychology. Student will have an especially strong foundation in research methodology and knowledge of social, developmental, cognitive, and personality psychology along with specifically designed applied courses that prepare the student for a career as a Behavioral Specialist. Graduates of this program will be prepared to seek this licensure and to pursue employment in a variety of social services agencies, including mental health centers, correctional institutions, drug/alcohol treatment centers, health care institutions and other business settings.
- Convenience – designed for the working professional with evening classes held year-round.
- Flexible – students can move through the program at their own pace.
- Program prepares students for a license in this field, to pursue employment in a variety of social services agencies or to advance within their current profession.
- Affordable tuition.
- An application with professional career/goal statement and $30 application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official undergraduate transcript(s).
- An undergraduate statistics course is required; an undergraduate research methods course is highly recommended.
- Applicants with an overall GPA above a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale are NOT required to take the GRE exam. Applicants who already hold an advanced degree are NOT required to take the GRE. GRE scores must be less than five years old at the time of application.