We have been delivering time-tested quality nursing education since 1965.
When you complete your Associate Degree in Nursing from Mount Aloysius College, you join other alumni who have found this high quality nursing program as the best way to enter the nursing profession.
Top notch faculty work with students to support their success and achievement of their educational goals.Approval & Accreditation
The program is fully approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and has held continuous accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Students requesting admission to the Associate of Science Degree in Nursing Program must meet the following admission criteria:
- Applicants who have graduated from high school within the past five years must submit a SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 900 on the 2005 SAT or 980 on the 2016 SAT or an ACT composite score of 19
- Applicants who have graduated from high school greater than five years from date of application must obtain a satisfactory score on a pre-entrance examination. Currently a score of 66% or greater is required on the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V). The applicant has a maximum of two attempts on the exam to achieve a satisfactory score.
- Transfer applicants from other post-secondary programs, or current MAC students who wish to transfer to nursing must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 overall as verified by an official transcript.
Pre-enrollment requirements are as follows:
- Students must complete the following requirements prior to enrolling in their first nursing course:
- Completed work equal to a standard high school course with a minimum of 16 units, including four units of English, three units of social studies, two units of mathematics (one of which is Algebra) and two units of science with a related laboratory. The two units of science and algebra must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Completion of BL201 Anatomy and Physiology I with a minimum grade of “C”. This must have been completed within the past seven (7) years.
- Completion of EE091 College Reading I and / or EE 098 Introduction to College Writing I, if required by SAT or College Placement Exam scores.
Course / Credits
Adult Nursing I (7 credits)
Nursing Pharmacology (3 credits)
Nursing of the Family (5 credits)
Adult Nursing II (7 credits)
Mental Health Nursing (2 credits)
Transition to Nursing Practice (2 credits)
Adult Nursing III (8 credits)
Course / Credits
Connections I & II (2 credits)
Communication / Writing (6 credits)
General Psychology (3 credits)
History / Political Science (3 credits)
Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits)
Technology (2 credits)
Religious Studies (3 credits)
Cultural Diversity (3 credits-included in Adult Nursing III)
Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits)
Microbiology (4 credits)
Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
Candidates articulating into the nursing program as an LPN must meet the admission criteria and complete all pre-enrollment requirements as stated for the Associate of Science Degree Nursing Program. In addition, applicants must submit official transcripts and LPN license.
LPN applicants may be granted a maximum of twelve (12) credits in nursing, seven (7) credits for NU130 Adult Nursing I and five (5) credits for NU240 Nursing Care of the Family.
See the Mount Aloysius College Catalog for more detailed information regarding transfer credit requirements.
The nursing curriculum for the combined Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science degree option is designed to be a two-plus-two program.
The option allows the student to progress seamlessly through both programs.
The Associate of Science Degree in Nursing is earned within the first two years or five semesters. Progress to the Bachelor of Science degree is sequenced according to individual needs and preferred scheduling options.
Division of Nursing Secretary: 814-886-6393
Division of Nursing FAX: 814-886-6374
Mount Aloysius College Nursing Outcomes
Mount Aloysius Associate Degree Outcomes
Annual NCLEX RN Pass Rates
Annual RN Program Completion Rate
Annual RN Graduates Employed Within 9-12 Months of Graduation