Offered as: Bachelor
RN to BSN Options: Convenient and flexible to meet your needs
- On Campus
- Select Community Locations (Altoona & Johnstown)
Why get your BSN at Mount Aloysius College?
Our nationally ranked program makes your pursuit of a BSN efficient in three different formats:
- Enjoy the convenience of courses that are 100% online
- All courses are offered in accelerated 8-week sessions
- Join other students in a traditional classroom environment on our scenic 193-acre campus in Cresson Pennsylvania.
- Courses are offered in 15-week sessions
- Select a traditional classroom environment in off-campus locations
- Currently offering off-campus community locations in Altoona, PA and Johnstown, PA
- Courses are offered in accelerated 8-week sessions
When you complete your BSN at Mount Aloysius College, you will be joining our distinguished alumni who know the difference a degree from a time-tested, quality nursing education program, makes in their life.
What do BSNs do?
Graduates of our program are able to assume roles that demand critical thinking, communication, and interdisciplinary practice. Registered nurses who have furthered their education and earned a Bachelor’s Degree are better suited for promotions and leadership roles during their career.
Your knowledge and experience will expand in ways you never expected:
- Specialization and focus in areas of interest through the nursing leadership practicum and capstone courses
- Key nursing roles: promoting positive patient and family centered outcomes through the use of evidence-based strategies; research, informatics, leadership, and public health
- Advocates of care for individuals, families, communities and populations – meet the needs of nursing in the 21st Century
Registered Nurses are needed all over the world. A few possible career locations include:
- Physician Offices
- Home Health Care Services
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Correctional Facilities
Are their job openings? How much will I make?
The demand for registered nurses is expected to rise 16% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 439,300 jobs.*
The average median wage for a registered nurse with their Bachelor’s Degree in the state of Pennsylvania is $73,388. The median salary for a BSN is nearly $8,000 per year higher than a nurse who holds an Associate Degree.*
Who will teach me?
The Nursing program is comprised of full-time faculty who hold appropriate degrees in their respective disciplines. Bringing their varied backgrounds into the classroom, students are provided extensive knowledge as they are trained to be a vital member in the healthcare profession.
The RN to BSN program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Their contact information is:
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Course / Credits
Health Assessment for Nursing (3 credits)
Human Pathophysiology (3 credits)
Introduction to Research (3 credits)
Capstone: Issues and Trends in Health Care Delivery (3 credits)
Community Health (3 credits)
Informatics in Health Care (3 credits)
Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
Leadership Practicum (2 – 3 credits)
Course / Credits
Connections I, II, III (3 credits)
Rhetoric I, II (6 credits)
Upper-Division Literature (3 credits)
Literature/Art/Music/Theater (3 credits)
History/Political Science (3 credits)
Science (3 – 4 credits)
Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
Information Communication Technologies (3 credits)
Religious Studies/Philosophy (6 credits)
Upper-Division Religious Studies (3 credits)
Social Science (6 credits)
Mount Aloysius RN-BSN Outcomes
Annual BSN Completion Rate
Annual BSN Graduates Employed Within 9-12 Months of Graduation
For Admission Questions\Materials:
814-886-6406 or email email@example.com
Nursing Division Secretary:
Nursing Division FAX: