The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program is designed to provide the student with a broad education in the liberal arts and sciences and the specific preparation necessary for entry into the fields of psychology, social services, and graduate study.
Offered as: Bachelor
- Counseling Specialization
- Criminal Justice Addictions Certification
- Forensic Investigation Certification
- General Specialization
- Human Resources Specialization
The psychology major emphasizes the experimental, theoretical, and practical applications of psychology to alleviate suffering including an emphasis on counseling, development, cognitive, personality, and social psychology.
The Psychology program offers:
- Real-life practical experience is offered in a wide array of courses.
- Excellent preparation for graduate school in counseling or psychology.
- Graduate programs in counseling and general psychology so faculty have experience preparing students for graduate success.
- Opportunities to present research in professional settings.
- The Psychology program at Mount Aloysius College offers small classes with a student focus.
Students are able to work closely with faculty from counseling and research backgrounds. This atmosphere promotes success for students whether they choose to pursue a research or counseling career path.