Counseling Services is grateful for the referral’s received by faculty, staff and students at Mount Aloysius College. It is important to work together to identify troubled students, educate them about the resources available to them, and encourage them to seek help.
After a referral has been made, the Counselor will follow-up with the student and make every effort to encourage that individual to make a counseling appointment. All information shared by the student with the Counselor will be strictly confidential.
Signs that a student may be at risk:
- Academic progress has decreased significantly, despite attempts to intervene
- Abilities and performance appear to be impaired by mental health and/or wellness issues
- Displaying “disturbing” behaviors and/or expressing violent comments
- Extreme changes in behavior or mood (i.e. crying, depression, disruptive behavior, attendance, decreased work performance, deteriorated hygiene, lethargic, attention problems, angry outbursts)
- Excessive preoccupation with morbid themes, violent fantasies, weapons
- Visual signs of alcohol/drug use
- Graphic and morbid themes in writing/art assignments (suicide, depression, violence)
Student Crisis Plan (PDF)