The Office of Career Development’s mission is to proactively assist students with career planning initiatives from matriculation to beyond graduation. Educational opportunities range from personality and interest inventories to determine career direction, to preparation of professional materials and skills related to the job, internship and graduate school search process. The office will introduce students to professional career resources, provide information on community and campus career events, and allow access to employer job postings.
Career Development provides area employers with resources to promote professional opportunities on campus. The office promotes a holistic and educational environment– through multiple opportunities and events– that focuses on the career goals related to the individual student.
Student and Alumni Services
Meet one-on-one with a career advisor and start discussing your career goals today. Contact Advising to schedule an appointment.
Interactive career development events that will ensure you’re on the track to success. A full list of events available under “Career Events and Workshops.”
“Focus 2″ is a licensed program designed to assist students who are unsure of academic majors and career plans by assessing interests, aptitude, and personality type, as well as providing specific career descriptions, salary ranges, job outlook and educational requirements. Detailed information under the “Career Assessments and Inventories” tab.
Job and internship fairs are offered in the area for a great chance to network with employers.
One-on-one interview practice to build confidence and improve interview skills. Contact Advising to schedule an appointment.
An online employment search engine especially for Mount Aloysius students and alumni! View jobs, internships and more. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
Create an account or sign in to post job and internship opportunities for students and alumni to view.
We partner with Saint Francis University & PA AHEC each year to host a job, internship and graduate school fair.
Career Assessments and Inventories
Not sure what to major in or if the major you currently have is right for you? Success starts with taking action. Set up an appointment with a career counselor by contacting Kim Washington at 814-886-6320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The office offers the Focus 2 Career Planning Software that will help you narrow down options for career and self exploration. Access information is provided below.
- My Next Move: An interactive site that allows you to research various career paths in a clear and informing layout.
- O*Net Online: Research your career and find opportunities in your major today!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A great resource for exploring different fields and career information.
- Glassdoor: Search jobs, find company information, and search through salary databases. A great resource for job exploration!
- Discover Nursing: Offers information and details on a wide variety of nursing careers.
- Explore Health Careers: Provides details and information on various careers in the health sector.
- Psychology and Counseling Career Guide: A resource for information on various careers in the psychology and counseling fields.
- Mounties@Work: A free online database specifically for Mount Aloysius College students and alumni to search local jobs and internships posted by local employers. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
- Indeed: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Simply Hired: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Job Gateway: JobGatewaySM is the state’s premier job-matching tool developed to transform the landscape of how job-seekers find jobs and how employers find talent. The user-friendly job-matching system was created to connect employers and job seekers all in one place, free of charge.
- Internships.com: Find an internship anywhere in the country.
- GI Jobs: A great job search resource for veterans and those in the military.
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission: Search for state jobs in Pennsylvania.
- USA Jobs.Gov: Job search site for federal employment.
- Buzzfile: Explore companies by major in the Altoona/Johnstown areas, across Pennsylvania, or nationwide. Create a free account and start exploring now!
- Peterson’s Graduate School Guide: Graduate school guide for masters and doctorate programs.
- Peterson’s Graduate Personal Statements: Information and tips regarding graduate school personal statements and essays.
- ETS/GRE Site: Information regarding test prep and various tests for graduate schools.
- Kaplan Test Prep: Information regarding preparation for the GRE and other tests for graduate school admission
MLK Jr. Day Small Group Presentations - 1/17 & 1/2010:00 AM Alumni Hall
Join us for a chance to meet one-on-one with an admissions counselor and a financial aid professional. You'll get a tour of campus, a fee-waived app, and a chance to meet students and faculty!View all events