Request More Information About Business Administration
Degrees type: Bachelor
At Mount Aloysius our Online Business program is ranked in the top 35% in the United States. The academic study of Business at Mount Aloysius integrates accounting, finance, management and marketing. The study of Business is exciting; it acknowledges the reality that instantaneous communication offers unlimited opportunity in global markets. Students here benefit from an academic approach that encourages personal leadership development, written and oral communication skills, and analytical ability using cutting edge technology.
The online accelerated Bachelor Degree Completion program in Business Administration at Mount Aloysius College allows qualifying students with an associate degree or 60 hours of college credits to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in 2 to 2 1/2 years!
Students are able to apply what they learn immediately in their professional field. All classes are taught by fully qualified faculty, many with years of business field experience. Students will also draw upon their work experience for projects and assignments. This program is suitable for working adults who aspire to leadership positions within their organization or who aim at making a significant career transition into management.
- 4+1 MBA option
- 8-week courses offered
A fully accredited program
Great internship opportunities
- Business Managers
- Marketing Professionals
- Human Resource Managers
- Sports Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- General and Operations Managers
Where are graduates working?
Mount Aloysius business graduates are leading successful careers at places such as
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- American Racer Tires
- Atlanta Hawks
- Blair County Senior Services
- Guthrie Health
- Morgan Stanley
- Northrop Grumman
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- UPMC Hospital
- ACCT 101 – Accounting Principles I 3 Credits
- ACCT 102 – Accounting Principles II 3 Credits
- MGMT 117 – Principles of Management 3 Credits
- BUS 211 – Business Law I 3 Credits
- BUS 212 – Business Law II 3 Credits
- MGMT 219 – Human Resource Management 3 Credits
- FIN 220 – Corporate Finance 3 Credits
- FIN 222 – Personal Finance 3 Credits
- MGMT 239 – Operations Management 3 Credits
- MKTG 250 – Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
- BUS 345 – Business Internship 3-12 Credits (3 Credits Required)
- MGMT 410 – Organizational Behavior 3 Credits
- BUS 490 – Business Integrative Seminar 3 Credits (satisfies core requirement)
A graduate with a business degree is able to pursue any number of career options. The demand for Human Resources Managers is expected to rise 9% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 10,800 jobs.*
The average median wage for a Human Resources Manager in the state of Pennsylvania is $132,960.*
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business Administration will:
- emphasize decision-making from an organizational perspective, integrating the traditional academic areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing;
- integrate business theory with business practice, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace;
- develop analytical and interpersonal skills necessary for problem solving;
- learn how to manage business information, blending technological expertise with written and oral communication skills;
- appreciate the impact of the liberal arts on social activity and business enterprise; and
- become academically prepared for graduate and further study.
International Students Find Their Niche at MAC
James Maddison gives us an inside look at studying away from home and being a part of a team.
Alum Serves as Coast Guard Officer
Nick DiDiano realized he could make a difference in his community during his time at MAC. After graduation, he kept going.
Broadcasting the Future
Marin Granteed spoke to business students about her work with human resources at Verizon Wireless to give them a taste of the professional world.
Staying Fit with The TW Method
Wardwell, ‘18, ‘19, helps people across the country stay fit with his free at-home workouts.
Student Voices & Success Stories
- Matt Duval, ‘08, is a Solutions Specialist at Old Dominion Freight.
- Bryan Nolan, ‘11, is a Program Manager at Sotera Defense.
- Greg Wierzbicki, ‘16, is a Business-Financial Analyst at Alcon.
- Matthew Metzger, ‘11, is a Capital Markets Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- Sean Steffy, Publications Coordinator at Mount Aloysius College
Faculty & Staff
Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Internship Coordinator
Chairperson Business Department, Associate Professor of Business Administration, MBA Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration/Coordinator of Assessment & Accreditation for the Business Department
Michael Shipman, CPA
Instructor for Accounting