Request More Information About Business Administration
Degrees type: Bachelor
At Mount Aloysius our Business program is ranked in the top 35% in the United States. The academic study of Business at Mount Aloysius integrates accounting, finance, management and marketing. The study of Business is exciting; it acknowledges the reality that instantaneous communication offers unlimited opportunity in global markets. Students here benefit from an academic approach that encourages personal leadership development, written and oral communication skills, and analytical ability using cutting edge technology.
You will work closely with a strong faculty who will generously share their professional experiences and support your success while you are gaining your own real-world experience.
- Optional 4+1 Undergrad/MBA completion route
A fully accredited program
Our program ranks in the top 35% in the United States
Evening and Online classes
Competitive internships with full-time hiring potential
After graduation some of your career choices may be:
- Business Manager
- Sports Manager
- Marketing Professional
- Human Resource Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Sustainability Officer
- General and Operations Manager
Where are graduates working?
Mount Aloysius business graduates are leading successful careers at places such as:
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- American Racer Tires
- Atlanta Hawks
- Blair County Senior Services
- Guthrie Health
- Morgan Stanley
- Northrop Grumman
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- UPMC Hospital
- ACCT 101 – Accounting Principles I 3 Credits
- ACCT 102 – Accounting Principles II 3 Credits
- MGMT 117 – Principles of Management 3 Credits
- BUS 211 – Business Law I 3 Credits
- BUS 212 – Business Law II 3 Credits
- MGMT 219 – Human Resource Management 3 Credits
- FIN 220 – Corporate Finance 3 Credits
- FIN 222 – Personal Finance 3 Credits
- MGMT 239 – Operations Management 3 Credits
- MKTG 250 – Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
- BUS 345 – Business Internship 3-12 Credits (3 Credits Required)
- MGMT 410 – Organizational Behavior 3 Credits
- BUS 490 – Business Integrative Seminar 3 Credits (satisfies core requirement)
- Real world exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Lindsey Mercer, Class of 2016 – Completed her internship with the Altoona Curve.
- Nick DiDiano, Class of 2016 – Completed his internship at Duquesne Light in Pittsburgh as a Human Resources Specialist.
- Jordan Campano, Class of 2017- Completed his internship at Revenue Cycle in Pittsburgh as a Health Care Consultant
- Altoona Curve, Altoona, Pa.
- Oryx Nashville, Inc. Nashville, Tn.
- DRS Technologies, Johnstown, Pa.
- Blair Companies, Altoona, Pa.
- Tomahawks, Johnstown, Pa.
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Tree Tops Schools International, Murang’a, (Kenya)
A graduate with a business degree is able to pursue any number of career options. The demand for Human Resources Managers is expected to rise 9% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 10,800 jobs.
The average median wage for a Human Resources Manager in the state of Pennsylvania is $132,960.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business Administration will:
- emphasize decision-making from an organizational perspective, integrating the traditional academic areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing;
- integrate business theory with business practice, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace;
- develop analytical and interpersonal skills necessary for problem solving;
- learn how to manage business information, blending technological expertise with written and oral communication skills;
- appreciate the impact of the liberal arts on social activity and business enterprise; and
- become academically prepared for graduate and further study.
Local Impacts Through Podcasts
Collaboration leads to learning. That’s what Mountie students are experiencing through their work with the Alleghenies Ahead podcast.
Internships That Count
Bryan Buzi impressed a huge IT consulting firm during his Information Technology program internship and landed a full-time career!
Broadcasting the Future
Marin Granteed spoke to business students about her work with human resources at Verizon Wireless to give them a taste of the professional world.
Learning Through Service
Business Administration students had the opportunity to learn through service projects while helping their community.
Student Voices & Success Stories
- Matt Duval, Class of 2008, is a Solutions Specialist at Old Dominion Freight.
- Bryan Nolan, Class of 2011, is a Program Manager at Sotera Defense.
- Greg Wierzbicki, Class of 2016, is a Business-Financial Analyst at Alcon.
- Matthew Metzger, Class of 2011, is a Capital Markets Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- Sean Steffy, Class of 2012/2014, is a Publications Coordinator at Mount Aloysius College
Faculty & Staff
Chairperson Business Department, Associate Professor of Business Administration, MBA Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration/Coordinator of Assessment & Accreditation for the Business Department
Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Internship Coordinator
Michael Shipman, CPA
Instructor for Accounting