Degrees type: Bachelor
At Mount Aloysius our Business program is ranked in the top 35% in the United States. The academic study of Business at Mount Aloysius integrates accounting, finance, management and marketing. The study of Business is exciting; it acknowledges the reality that instantaneous communication offers unlimited opportunity in global markets. Students here benefit from an academic approach that encourages personal leadership development, written and oral communication skills, and analytical ability using cutting edge technology.
You will work closely with a strong faculty who will generously share their professional experiences and support your success while you are gaining your own real-world experience.
After graduation some of your career choices may be:
- Business Manager
- Sports Manager
- Marketing Professional
- Human Resource Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Sustainability Officer
- General and Operations Manager
Where are graduates working?
Mount Aloysius business graduates are leading successful careers at places such as:
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- American Racer Tires
- Atlanta Hawks
- Blair County Senior Services
- Guthrie Health
- Morgan Stanley
- Northrop Grumman
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- UPMC Hospital
MAC Internship Benefits:
- Real world exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Lindsey Mercer, Class of 2016 – Completed her internship with the Altoona Curve.
- Nick DiDiano, Class of 2016 – Completed his internship at Duquesne Light in Pittsburgh as a Human Resources Specialist.
- Jordan Campano, Class of 2017- Completed his internship at Revenue Cycle in Pittsburgh as a Health Care Consultant
- Altoona Curve, Altoona, Pa.
- Oryx Nashville, Inc. Nashville, Tn.
- DRS Technologies, Johnstown, Pa.
- Blair Companies, Altoona, Pa.
- Tomahawks, Johnstown, Pa.
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Tree Tops Schools International, Murang’a, (Kenya)
For Intern Hosts
A graduate with a business degree is able to pursue any number of career options. The demand for Human Resources Managers is expected to rise 9% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 10,800 jobs.
The average median wage for a Human Resources Manager in the state of Pennsylvania is $132,960.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business Administration will:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills appropriate for the business environment;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills suitable for working in collaborative settings;
- Solve problems requiring quantitative and/or qualitative anaylsis;
- Develop a comprehensive foundation in the concepts and practices of the core areas of business;
- Analyze business or organizational situations using ethical approaches to decision making; and
- Demonstrate career readiness through experiential learning.
Leaving the Comfort Zone
Julianna, ‘20, expanded upon her marketing skills during her internship at JWF Industries.
International Students Find Their Niche at MAC
James Maddison gives us an inside look at studying away from home and being a part of a team.
Local Impacts Through Podcasts
Collaboration leads to learning. That’s what Mountie students are experiencing through their work with the Alleghenies Ahead podcast.
A Mountie Family Legacy
Julianna, ‘20, ‘21, and her family have made the Mount a tradition.
Student Voices & Success Stories
- Matt Duval, Class of 2008, is a Solutions Specialist at Old Dominion Freight.
- Bryan Nolan, Class of 2011, is a Program Manager at Sotera Defense.
- Greg Wierzbicki, Class of 2016, is a Business-Financial Analyst at Alcon.
- Matthew Metzger, Class of 2011, is a Capital Markets Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- Sean Steffy, Class of 2012/2014, is the Brand and Visual Marketing Specialist and Esports Head Coach at Mount Aloysius College
Faculty & Staff
Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Internship Coordinator
Associate Dean of Continuing Education & Strategic Partnerships/Business Department Chairperson
Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration/Coordinator of Assessment & Accreditation for the Business Department
Still have questions?
A member of the admissions team would love to get connected with you!
Main Administration Building
7373 Admiral Peary Highway
Cresson, PA 16630