Degrees type: Bachelor
Mount Aloysius is situated in a rural county with an abundance of natural resources. For example, the establishment of natural gas pipelines, wind turbines, and other commodities are common in the area. This provides an environment where students can use scientific strategies to manage, evaluate and identify factors that impact human health due to these additions.
Students will get real-world experience in the field and the classroom as they prepare for their careers in Environmental Health.
Mount Aloysius cares about students after graduation. A degree from Mount Aloysius in Environmental Health will allow students to explore their passion for helping their community and continuing to promote the mercy values that are ingrained with a Mount Aloysius College Education.
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
- Corporate Health and Safety Director
- Food Safety Inspector
- Health and Safety Engineer
- World Health Organization
- Peace Corp
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the various environmental health science and environmental protection principles;
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to identify and manage environmental factors that adversely impact human health, using techniques in environmental epidemiology;
- Communicate knowledge of core biological environmental health topics to both professional and lay audiences via a variety of format (written and oral);
- Conduct research and critically evaluate the results of that research in a natural resource management context; and
- Demonstrate occupational-related skills required for employment in environmental health science and related fields.
Combining Improv & Nursing
A Liberal Arts education creates a balanced academic career that improves each student.
Discovering a Future in Criminology
Brenna Wright, ‘17, found her place after an internship at Cambria County Prison.
Last-Minute Application, Long-Term Benefits
Chung’s winding path landed on MAC’s Second Degree Nursing Program.
When Duty Calls
ASL graduate Ashley found herself center stage during the coronavirus.
Still have questions?
A member of the admissions team would love to get connected with you!
Main Administration Building
7373 Admiral Peary Highway
Cresson, PA 16630