- Computer and Information Research Scientists*
- Computer Network Architects*
- Computer Programmers*
- Computer Support Specialists*
- Computer Systems Analysts*
- Database Administrators*
- Information Security Analysts*
- Network and computer systems administrators*
- Software Developers*
- Web Developers*
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
Required internships provide hands on, real world industry experience. Internships often become employment opportunities upon graduation.
Internship sites include the Center for International Cyber Intelligence, Precision Business Solutions; Sheetz; government agencies; and consulting firms. Remote internship opportunities are available.
Employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 15 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 682,800 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.
The median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations was $97,430 in May 2021, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $45,760.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
The following content labels and related descriptions delineate the areas of development expected as a result of completing the program:
- Knowledge Base in Information Technology – Students will demonstrate knowledge of core computing concepts.
- Critical Thinking – Students will demonstrate critical thinking and analytical reasoning to solve information technology problems.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility – Students will demonstrate familiarity with ethical and global impacts of technology on society.
- Communication – Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally and to collaborate within a team setting.
- Professional experience: Students will gain real-world experience using current software, industry tools, simulations and outcome-based projects.