- Healthcare administrator
- Office manager
- Hospital Executive
- BUS 490 – Business Integrative Seminar 3 Credits (satisfies core requirement)
- HCA 100 – Introduction to Health Care Administration 3 Credits
- HCA 317 – Organizational Management for Health Care Delivery 3 Credits
- HCA 321 – Health Services Planning 3 Credits
- HCA 322 – Financial Management of Health Organizations 3 Credits
- HCA 345 – Health Care Administration Internship 3-12 Credits
- HCA 350 – Long-Term Care Administration 3 Credits
- HCA 401 – Health Law 3 Credits
- MGMT 117 – Principles of Management 3 Credits
- MGMT 219 – Human Resource Management 3 Credits
- MGMT 410 – Organizational Behavior 3 Credits
- MKTG 250 – Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services. Medical administrators made an average of $98,350 in 2017.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Upon completion of the program, graduates will earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Leadership in Health Care and will be able to:
- Understand policies and regulations associated with health care delivery.
- Learn the principles of health care supervision and human resource management.
- Integrate the use of marketing, information technology, and strategic analysis and planning in health care services.
- Develop methods of communication and training incorporating teamwork and critical thinking skills used in healthcare administration.
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations that are unique to the health services field.