Degrees type: Bachelor
Main Campus, Online
If you’re looking for a career in healthcare that doesn’t involve direct patient interaction, a degree in leadership in healthcare might be for you!
Whether you have your associate’s degree already and are looking for something to take your leadership skills to the next level, or you’re looking for a four-year degree option, Mount Aloysius’ leadership in healthcare program is designed to support you and meet your needs. Learn more about the organizational structure of healthcare delivery, general leadership, and healthcare management, regulation, and law.
Built to fit your schedule.
We offer the Leadership in Healthcare degree both fully in-person with our bachelor’s degree option and 100% online through our 2+2 program option.
Customize your degree with a minor.
The leadership in healthcare program works well with many of the minor options offered at Mount Aloysius. You may be interested in declaring a minor in business, expressive arts therapy, American sign language, or one of our many other options.
- Healthcare facilities
- Nursing homes
- Healthcare organizations
- Long-term care facilities
- Health information organizations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Pharmaceutical development or sales
- Health insurance agencies
- Ambulatory services
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services. Medical administrators made an average of $98,350 in 2017.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Upon completion of the program, graduates will earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Leadership in Health Care and will be able to:
- Understand public healthcare issues, policies, and regulations associated with healthcare delivery
- Understand the principles of healthcare supervision and human resource management
- Integrate the use of information technology and strategic analysis and planning in healthcare services
- Develop methods of communication and training incorporating teamwork and critical thinking skills used in healthcare administration
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations that are unique to the health services field
Still have questions?
A member of the admissions team would love to get connected with you!
Main Administration Building
7373 Admiral Peary Highway
Cresson, PA 16630