Request More Information About Leadership in Health Care
Degrees type: Bachelor
Mount Aloysius College focuses on the future. Our Leadership in Healthcare program offers students the ability to fine tune their management skills while learning how to apply their skills from allied health fields.
- 2+2 Program
Online Class Options
- Healthcare administrator
- Office manager
- Hospital Executive
- BUS 490 – Business Integrative Seminar 3 Credits (satisfies core requirement)
- HCA 100 – Introduction to Health Care Administration 3 Credits
- HCA 317 – Organizational Management for Health Care Delivery 3 Credits
- HCA 321 – Health Services Planning 3 Credits
- HCA 322 – Financial Management of Health Organizations 3 Credits
- HCA 345 – Health Care Administration Internship 3-12 Credits
- HCA 350 – Long-Term Care Administration 3 Credits
- HCA 401 – Health Law 3 Credits
- MGMT 117 – Principles of Management 3 Credits
- MGMT 219 – Human Resource Management 3 Credits
- MGMT 410 – Organizational Behavior 3 Credits
- MKTG 250 – Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services. Medical administrators made an average of $98,350 in 2017.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Upon completion of the program, graduates will earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Leadership in Health Care and will be able to:
- Understand policies and regulations associated with health care delivery.
- Learn the principles of health care supervision and human resource management.
- Integrate the use of marketing, information technology, and strategic analysis and planning in health care services.
- Develop methods of communication and training incorporating teamwork and critical thinking skills used in healthcare administration.
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations that are unique to the health services field.
Courses Crafted for Student Success
Tommy Pisula found the opportunity to have an individualized, genuine college experience at MAC before taking his studies to the next level as he pursued his doctorate in pharmacy.
Accounting Yields and Baseball Fields
After graduating from MAC with a degree in Accounting, Aaron began his career as the Assistant Director of Finance for the Altoona Curve.
MAC Welcomes International Students
Zainab Alalshaikh can now call Saudi Arabia and Mount Aloysius home after graduating with a degree in Information Technology.
Alum Serves as Coast Guard Officer
Nick DiDiano realized he could make a difference in his community during his time at MAC. After graduation, he kept going.