Degrees type: Bachelor
Marketing is the activity and processes of creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.* Successful marketing relies on an understanding of products, services, buyer behavior, promotion, communication and distribution.
Marketing graduates with a degree from Mount Aloysius College are well-prepared for a variety of positions and diverse career opportunities within the field of marketing. The program offers a mix of theory and real-world, hands-on experience, both in and out of the classroom.
*American Marketing Association, 2017
The marketing program helps graduates be successful in a variety of ever-evolving careers. Today’s marketers effectively utilize research, digital media, data analysis, and appropriate communication and messaging strategies.
It is increasingly important that marketing professionals have the skills and applicable knowledge necessary for flexibility in their fields. A marketing degree prepares students for opportunities and careers in:
- Product Planning
- Market Research
- Sales Promotion
- Customer Relations
- International Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
Market research analysts and marketing specialists
Employment of market research analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. Employment growth will be driven by an increased use of data and market research across many industries.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Marketing will:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills appropriate for the business environment;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills suitable for working in collaborative settings;
- Solve problems requiring quantitative and/or qualitative analysis;
- Develop comprehensive foundation in the concepts and practices of the core areas of business;
- Analyze business or organizational situations using ethical approaches to decision making;
- Demonstrate career readiness through experiental learning;
- Apply basic marketing concepts and practices; and
- Demonstrate competency in modern marketing methods and systems.
Faculty & Staff
Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Internship Coordinator
Associate Dean of Continuing Education & Strategic Partnerships/Business Department Chairperson
Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration/Coordinator of Assessment & Accreditation for the Business Department
Still have questions?
A member of the admissions team would love to get connected with you!
Main Administration Building
7373 Admiral Peary Highway
Cresson, PA 16630