Admitted students who meet the following will be considered for matriculation into the nursing curriculum on a space available basis:
- Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 CGPA on post-secondary education as verified by official transcript;
- Completion of 60 credit hours of the general education curriculum;
- Demonstrate achievement of a composite score of 59% on the designated pre-entrance nursing exam (ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills – TEAS). The student has a maximum of two attempts on the exam to achieve a satisfactory score, whether the exams are taken at MAC or another location.
- Students who have obtained an Associate or Bachelor degree from an accredited university and obtained a CGPA of 2.75 or greater will be waived from the TEAS;
- Completed math remediation is required based on TEAS Math Sub score of < 60%, must complete NursingABC MAT091 with a C or better;
- Completion of all required science courses with a minimum C grade; and
- Demonstrate a CGPA of 2.3 in the science courses.
- Students who achieve a CGPA of 2.5 or better in the pre=requisite sciences course will be waived from the TEAS.
Readmission to Pre-licensure Nursing Programs
Students granted readmission to the nursing program may be required to challenge* or retake nursing courses that were successfully completed at Mount Aloysius College within the past three (3) years prior to re-admission. However, skills remediation will be required for all clinical nursing courses previously completed. Courses taken more than three years prior to readmission cannot be challenged and must be repeated.
*NOTE: Challenge exams are accomplished by using standardized exams.
Nursing Course Enrollment Requirements (ASN and Traditional BSN Option)**
Prior to the start of a clinical nursing course, the student must submit the following:
- A completed health form, physical exam and required titers and immunizations;
- Two-Step PPD or agency accepted equivalent;
- Urine Drug screen from the start of the first clinical course. Additional urine drug screens may be required;
- PA Criminal Background, FBI Fingerprinting and Child Abuse History Clearances; and
- CPR Certification (American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer which includes Adult, Child, Infant and AED) within 30 days of the start of the semester.
Students who withdraw from the program must submit new PA Criminal Background Check, FBI Fingerprinting, and other documentation required by the college or clinical agencies.
Students must have health requirements confirmed by Health Services by August 1st for the fall semester and January 1st for the spring semester.+ The MAC School of Nursing Prohibitive Offense Policy guides decisions related to background check findings. Health agencies have the right to deny employment or clinical experiences based on background checks.
**Students enrolled in the School of Nursing must comply with the requirement of the Professional Nursing Law of Pennsylvania (Act of April 14, 1972, P.L. 233, No 64) known as “The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act.
+With the exception of the Urine Drug Screen for students assigned to clinical at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center.