Request More Information About Nursing – Traditional BSN (Accelerated)
Degrees type: Bachelor
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is an eight semester, 3.5 year baccalaureate nursing program in which the student completes general education core and pre-requisite requirements during the first two years and then completes the nursing curriculum in the last 17 months. In summary:
- First two years – General Education Courses
- Last 17 months – Nursing Curriculum
More than 50 Years of Nursing Excellence
Mount Aloysius has a proud tradition of educating clinically excellent nurses for more than 50 years. Mount Aloysius Nurse alumni enjoy a stellar reputation for excellence in providing high quality compassionate patient care and we are proud to be a supplier of a large portion of local nurses. The Mount Aloysius School of Nursing has been recognized as a Nursing College of Distinction.
- Traditional BSN program
Innovative accelerated bachelor’s degree format
State-of-the-art simulation labs
High demand job-market
Prepares students to sit for RN licensure
- Nurse Informaticist Roles
- Hospital Administration
- Home Health Care Coordinator
- Industrial Nursing
- Physician Offices
- Home Health Care Services
- Mental Health and Addiction Care Centers
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Correctional Facilities
- NUR 305 – Introduction to Professional Nursing Practice 3 Credits
- NUR 310 – Nursing Assessment 3 Lecture / 1 Seminar / 4 Credits
- NUR 315 – Pharmacology Basics 2 Credits
- NUR 320 – Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice 3 Lecture / 1 Clinical / 4 Credits
- NUR 325 – Gerontological Nursing 2 Credits
- NUR 335 – Pathopharmacology I 2 Credits
- NUR 345 – Psychosocial Integrity: Behavioral/Mental Health Nursing 3 Credits
- NUR 350 – Professional Nursing Practice I 3 Lecture / 3 Clinical / 6 Credits
- NUR 355 – Maternal-Newborn Nursing 1 Credit
- NUR 365 – Nursing Research 3 Credits
- NUR 400 – Professional Nursing Practice II 3 Lecture / 4 Clinical / 7 Credits
- NUR 401 – Capstone: Leadership in Professional Nursing 3 Credits
- NUR 405 – Pathopharmacology II 2 Credits
- NUR 410 – Population Health 2 Lecture / 1 Clinical / 3 Credits
- NUR 415 – Pediatric Nursing 2 Credits
- NUR 425 – Nursing Informatics 2 Credits
- NUR 435 – NCLEX Preparation 1 Credit
- NUR 450 – Professional Nursing Practice III 3 Lecture / 2 Clinical / 5 Credits
- NUR 460 – Transition to Nursing Practice 1 Lecture / 4 Clinical / 5 Credits
The average median wage for a registered nurse with their Bachelor’s Degree in the state of Pennsylvania is $73,388. The median salary for a BSN is nearly $8,000 per year higher than a nurse who holds an Associate Degree.*
- Patient-Family Centered Care – Recognize the patient and family as a full partner in providing coordinated, compassionate, age- and culturally-appropriate care.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Function effectively as a member of the interdisciplinary team fostering interprofessional and intraprofessional communication, mutual respect, and shared decision making to provide coordinated quality care.
- Evidence-Based Practice – Evaluate and integrate current research and evidence with clinical expertise in the delivery of quality healthcare and the improvement of health care processes and outcomes.
- Informatics – Employ information systems to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Quality Improvement – Evaluate outcome data of patient care processes and employ improvement methods to improve the quality and safety of health care.
- Safety – Anticipate and minimize risk of harm to patients and other healthcare providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
Professionalism – Demonstrate the values, ethics, and legal standards of the nursing profession; responsibility and accountability for own behaviors and decisions; and competent performance in nursing practice to ensure quality patient-centered care.
Choose an entry point to see what MAC nursing path is best for you!
Whether you’re coming out of high school or pursuing your first college degree later in life, there are great options for first-time students. To get done the fastest, our accelerated BSN program takes 3.5 years and offers you a jump start on employment with a December graduation.
The 2+2 option is what Mount Aloysius is best known for. Students earn their associates degree in as little as two years. At that point, you can take the NCLEX to become an RN. You can start working and complete your BSN degree 100% online. Mount Aloysius also offers discounts for working nurses.
For LPNs, our 2+2 program is designed to allow you to complete your associate’s degree in as little as three semesters.
After the NCLEX, you can finish your BSN online as you work as a registered nurse.
If you’re entering Mount Aloysius as a transfer student or have previous credits, the Mount Aloysius nursing department has a full-time professional advisor who can customize the perfect path for you to get your degree based on your past education. Your path will be built around your credits, work schedule and your home life.
If you already have a bachelor’s degree, our accelerated BSN program was designed for you.
Regardless of the field your previous degree is in, you just need the four required science courses and then you can jump right into your nursing courses. You can finish in as little as 16 months.
Lastly, if you’re already a registered nurse, our online RN-BSN program is a great way to complete your BSN degree. The program is very popular in the area and many local BSNs are Mount Aloysius alumni.
Arts for Healing
At Mount Aloysius, we believe in helping people become the best version of themselves and in this instance, that includes art.
Combining Improv & Nursing
A Liberal Arts education creates a balanced academic career that improves each student.
Mountie Hospitality Around the World
MAC not only taught Cynthia how to be a registered nurse, but also many important life skills including time management, leadership, and the importance of service!
MAC Faculty Presents Research
Nursing faculty continuously educate themselves to stay current while passing their knowledge to MAC students!