MAC Learning Center (Childcare Center)
All Work Study Program Participants are responsible for participating in a cohesive teaching team, assisting with the coordination of curriculum, and helping to assist in management of the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the implementation of lesson plans to ensure developmentally appropriate programming and developmentally appropriate transitional activities. Work Study Program Participants must understand the children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to help ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged. Per DHS regulations, non-Cambria County Child Development staff cannot be left alone with children or change diapers. The Work Study Program will accept five (5) Program Participants each semester. All Work Study Program Participants will report to the Education Director for Cambria County Child Development Corporation and the Site Director. All Human Resource related questions should be directed to the Human Resource Assistant for Cambria County Child Development Corporation.
- Be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children.
- Respect confidentiality of family and staff information.
- Be a positive and professional role model for children, parents, and coworkers.
- Employ discretion through all means of communication and social networking.
- Perform any reasonable task asked by the Site Director and CCCDC, have reliable transportation, lift 40 pounds, and engage in frequent standing.
General Qualifications cited in 55 Pa. Code 3270.241 and Keystone STARS
- Minimum of a High School diploma or General Educational Development Certificate (GED) and all clearances from the Department of Human Services which include: State Police Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprinting, and National Sex Offender Verification Registry (NSOR) Clearance.
Number of Positions Available: 5
Number of Positions Per Semester: 5
Shasta Wagner or Human Resources Manager
(814) 472-6341 ext 15 (Shasta) or ext. 27 (HR)