The Mount Aloysius Alumnae Association was organized at the time of the opening of the new Academy in Cresson on June 16, 1897, with Mollie (Bracken) Fleming of Burlington, Iowa, as president. The first regular meeting was held on September 6, 1898. With the graduation of the Class of 1970, the organization changed its name to the Mount Aloysius Alumni Association.
St. Aloysius Academy, established in 1853 in Loretto, PA was moved to Cresson, PA, present site of the College, in 1897 and subsequently renamed Mount Aloysius Academy. The Junior College was founded in 1939, and the 1941 graduates became members of the Alumnae Association. The Academy and Junior College ran consecutively until the class of 1941 graduated. In 1968, the Junior college became co-educational. In 1991, Mount Aloysius Junior College became Mount Aloysius College with baccalaureate degrees first awarded to the class of 1993. In the spring of 2000, the College’s charter was amended to include master’s degrees.