The Office of Career Development’s mission is to proactively assist students with career planning initiatives from matriculation to beyond graduation. Educational opportunities range from personality and interest inventories to determine career direction, to preparation of professional materials and skills related to the job, internship and graduate school search process. The office will introduce students to professional career resources, provide information on community and campus career events, and allow access to employer job postings.
Career Development provides area employers with resources to promote professional opportunities on campus. The office promotes a holistic and educational environment– through multiple opportunities and events– that focuses on the career goals related to the individual student.
Check out our Career Development Lib Guide of resources for every stage of the job search for our students and alumni. Download résumé-writing resources, interview guides, video interviews and tutorials, book suggestions, and visit helpful websites that may assist you in deciding on the perfect career path.
New Service for Mounties – CandidCareer.com
Check out our new premium service – FREE for Mounties! Browse thousands of career interview clips and learn more about any profession.
Mounties@Work Student/Alumni Login Student and Alumni Services
- Candid Career: Videos of practical advice and experiences from professionals working in the field. Visit the Mount Aloysius College Candid Career site.
- Career Advising Appointments: Meet one-on-one with a career adviser and start discussing your career goals today. Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an appointment.
- Career Events & Workshops: Interactive career development events that will ensure you’re on the track to success. A full list of events available under “Career Events and Workshops.”
- Career Planning Assessments: “Focus 2″ is a licensed program designed to assist students who are unsure of academic majors and career plans by assessing interests, aptitude, and personality type, as well as providing specific career descriptions, salary ranges, job outlook and educational requirements. Detailed information under the “Career Assessments and Inventories” tab.
- Documents: Download our professional resources on the Career Development Lib Guide.
- Graduate School Preparation: Resources available for exploration and preparation on the Career Development Lib Guide.
- Internship Assistance: Local, regional and national level internship information is provided for securing the hands on experience that employers seek in employees. Visit Mounties@Work for information on local internships or www.internships.com for information on national internships available.
- Job/Internship Fairs: Job and internship fairs are offered in the area for a great chance to network with employers.
- Mock Interviews: One-on-one interview practice to build confidence and improve interview skills. Contact Kristy Magee to schedule an appointment.
- Mounties@Work: An online employment search engine especially for Mount Aloysius students and alumni! View jobs, internships and more. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
- Résumé or Cover Letter Critiques: Have your résumé critiqued or get started on one. Contact Ellen Coyle to set up an appointment.
- Mounties@Work: Create an account or sign in to post job and internship opportunities for students and alumni to view. Mounties@Work Employer Login
- Career Expo: We partner with Saint Francis University & PA AHEC each year to host a job, internship and graduate school fair. Spring 2019 updates coming soon!
Not sure what to major in or if the major you currently have is right for you? Success starts with taking action. Set up an appointment with a career counselor by contacting Kristy Magee at 814-886-6320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. View our step-by-step Career Success Plan. The office offers the Focus 2 Career Planning Software that will help you narrow down options for career and self exploration. Access information is provided below.
- FOCUS 2 Career Planning Software: An online, interactive career & education planning system that combines self assessment, career exploration and decision making into one comprehensive program. Visit https://www.focus2career.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=756 Access code when creating a new account is mountie.
RESOURCES FOR CAREER RESEARCH
- Candid Career: Videos of practical advice and experiences from professionals working in the field.
- My Next Move: An interactive site that allows you to research various career paths in a clear and informing layout.
- O*Net Online: Research your career and find opportunities in your major today!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A great resource for exploring different fields and career information.
- Glassdoor: Search jobs, find company information, and search through salary databases. A great resource for job exploration!
- Discover Nursing: Offers information and details on a wide variety of nursing careers.
- Explore Health Careers– Provides details and information on various careers in the health sector.
RESOURCES FOR JOB/INTERNSHIP SEARCH
- Mounties@Work: A free online database specifically for Mount Aloysius College students and alumni to search local jobs and internships posted by local employers. To create a new student account or login, please visit www.myinterfase.com/mtaloy/student.
- Indeed: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Simply Hired: A national database recommended for job search in any field.
- Job Gateway: JobGatewaySM is the state’s premier job-matching tool developed to transform the landscape of how job-seekers find jobs and how employers find talent. The user-friendly job-matching system was created to connect employers and job seekers all in one place, free of charge.
- Internships.com: Find an internship anywhere in the country.
- GI Jobs: A great job search resource for veterans and those in the military.
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission: Search for state jobs in Pennsylvania.
- USA Jobs.Gov: Job search site for federal employment.
- Buzzfile: Explore companies by major in the Altoona/Johnstown areas, across Pennsylvania, or nationwide. Create a free account and start exploring now!
RESOURCES FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL PREPARATION
- Peterson’s Graduate School Guide: Graduate school guide for masters and doctorate programs.
- Peterson’s Graduate Personal Statements: Information and tips regarding graduate school personal statements and essays.
- ETS/GRE Site: Information regarding test prep and various tests for graduate schools.
- Kaplan Test Prep: Information regarding preparation for the GRE and other tests for graduate school admission.
- Student Success & Development Suite Room 101, Main Administration Building
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Need assistance or have a question? Contact Us!
MEET THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT TEAM