- You have been given a gift, so thank your donor sincerely and from the heart.
- If you receive more than one scholarship, you need a separate letter for each.
- Proofread carefully before submitting. If there are errors, you will be contacted to correct them.
- Do not copy thank you letters from any website or your friends.
- Must be typed and should contain at least 3 paragraphs
- Do not date the letter
- All greetings should read: Dear Benefactor,
Include gratitude and appreciation statements.
Mention the name of the scholarship you received.
Write about your background (hometown, family etc.).
How and why you chose Mount Aloysius.
A sentence or two on your educational and/or career goals.
How you chose your major.
What you plan to do with your education, etc.
If you received the same scholarship last year, write how it’s helped you this year.
How the scholarship award inspires you to work harder to achieve your goal(s).
Additional thanks and gratitude.
Use a closing such as Sincerely, Gratefully, With Gratitude, etc.
Type your first and last name. If you want, include your expected graduation year.