Parents should still complete a Direct Plus Loan Pre-qualification form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office so an official determination can be made.  If the loan is denied additional unsubsidized money can be processed for the student.  A parent can also contact the Department of Education to appeal the credit decision or opt to use an endorser to try and obtain the loan.