Mount Aloysius College is a small, private, accessible, and affordable liberal arts college sponsored by the Catholic Religious Sisters of Mercy.
Established in 1853, Mount Aloysius College offers both undergraduate and graduate education. The College is committed to providing small class sizes and students benefit from accessible faculty and staff. Mount Aloysius students are diverse, but committed to the same core values: mercy, service, justice, and hospitality.
There are more than 70 academic program offerings on the undergraduate and graduate levels in Health Sciences and Nursing, Humanities, Education, Social Sciences, Natural and Applied Sciences, Business Administration and Pre-Professional Study. Students may choose from more than 20 concentrations and minors. Browse our Majors and Programs pages.
Mount Aloysius College is an official NCAA Division III participant. Currently, students are able to compete in 14 different sports:
- men’s/women’s basketball
- women’s bowling
- women’s volleyball
- men’s/women’s golf
- men’s/women’s cross country
- men’s/women’s tennis
- men’s/women’s soccer.
More than 94 percent of our students receive scholarships and financial assistance. Mount Aloysius continues to be the most affordable private college in the region, and in the northern United States (Top five percent) according to the US News and World Report. To learn more about financial aid and scholarship opportunities at Mount Aloysius, visit our Financial Aid page.The Next Step
- After receiving your acceptance letter and I-20 from Mount Aloysius College begin the process for obtaining a Visa
- Pay the SEVIS fee through www.fmjfee.com
- Make a visa appointment as soon as possible at your closest U.S. embassy to apply for an F-1 visa
- Prepare for your visa appointment. Bring all the necessary documentation
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Online non-immigrant visa application (DS-160)
- Visa fee of $160
- Passport photo (2”x 2”)
- Valid passport
- Financial support letter and bank statements
- Mount Aloysius College acceptance letter
- Mount Aloysius College consular letter
- TOEFL, GMAT, GRE scores, or transcripts may also be required by the U.S. embassy
Your Visa will be approved or denied.
- If denied you can choose to apply again or defer to next semester.
- If approved finalize housing plans and make transportation plans.
- Dress appropriately, business attire is recommended and first impressions are crucial
- Be prepared to give information about why you want to study in the U.S., why you want to study at Mount Aloysius College, and why you want to study the course you have chosen and how you will use it to prepare you for a career after college
- Be prepared to explain how you will be financially prepared to attend Mount Aloysius college
- Be prepared to give information about Mount Aloysius College and your proposed living situation while attending
- If your grades are low be prepared to give an explanation as to why and how you are prepared to improve upon them when studying at Mount Aloysius College
Need help? Fill out the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.