Offered as: Associate, Bachelor
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Communications Media
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Sports Management
- Computer Applications
- Business Administration 4+1 (MBA Program)
Why study Business Administration online at MAC?
At Mount Aloysius our Online Business program is ranked in the top 35% in the United States. The academic study of Business at Mount Aloysius integrates accounting, finance, management and marketing. The study of Business is exciting; it acknowledges the reality that instantaneous communication offers unlimited opportunity in global markets. Students here benefit from an academic approach that encourages personal leadership development, written and oral communication skills, and analytical ability using cutting edge technology.
You will work closely with a strong faculty who will generously share their real-world experiences and support your success.
What does a Business Administration graduate do?
Students studying Business Administration at Mount Aloysius offers many career options. The degree is flexible, enabling immediate entry into the workforce or advanced study. The program is management-oriented with explorations into accounting, finance, marketing and much more. Take your choice. Graduates of the Mount Aloysius College Business program enjoy an excellent reputation among regional employers.
Our Business Administration graduates understand that their degree opens doors to a multitude of possibilities with a skill set that is in demand everywhere.
After graduation some of your career choices may be:
- Business Managers
- Marketing Professionals
- Human Resource Managers
- Sports Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- General and Operations Managers
Matt Duval, ‘08, is a Solutions Specialist at Old Dominion Freight.
Bryan Nolan, ‘11, is a Program Manager at Sotera Defense.
Greg Wierzbicki, ‘16, is a Business-Financial Analyst at Alcon.
Matthew Metzger, ‘11, is a Capital Markets Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
Sean Steffy, Publications Coordinator at Mount Aloysius College
Where are graduates working?
Mount Aloysius business graduates are leading successful careers at places such as
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- American Racer Tires
- Atlanta Hawks
- Blair County Senior Services
- Guthrie Health
- Morgan Stanley
- Northrop Grumman
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- UPMC Hospital
Who will teach me?
The Business Department is comprised of full time faculty, 50% of whom have terminal degrees in their field and many years of experience working for both profit and nonprofit enterprises. The Department also employs adjunct faculty who are using their skills now in the business world. These men and women also bring real-time and real-world experience to this exciting online curriculum.
Are there job openings? How much will I make?
A graduate with a business degree is able to pursue any number of career options. The demand for Human Resources Managers is expected to rise 9% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 10,800 jobs.*
The average median wage for a Human Resources Manager in the state of Pennsylvania is $132,960.*
Dig DeeperBusiness Administration Learning Outcomes
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Emphasize decision-making from an organizational perspective, integrating the traditional academic areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing;
- Integrate business theory with business practice, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace;
- Develop analytical and interpersonal skills necessary for problem solving;
- Learn how to manage business information, blending technological expertise with written and oral communication skills;
- Appreciate the impact of the liberal arts on social activity and business enterprise; and
- Become academically prepared for graduate and further study.
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Associate of Science degree with a major in Business Administration, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Use the traditional areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing to build a foundation for creative decision making;
- Become aware of how academic study can enhance business practice, and how business practice sets the stage for future academic study;
- Develop technical and interpersonal skills necessary for entry-level employment;
- Learn how to access and use business information, using technology to enhance written and oral communication; and
- Become academically prepared for further study.
Note: Learning goals are subject to regular review and revision.
The fully online Associate degree program in Business Administration is designed to assist the working professional gain the expertise necessary to progress in his/her career. This major link the study of business theory with a broad base of liberal arts courses that form the foundation for both professional growth and further college work.
Courses are taught by fully qualified adjunct and full-time faculty with years of business field experience. Graduates have the skill set needed to make a career transition into management or to further their education through our fully online Bachelor degree in Business Administration.
The online accelerated Bachelor Degree Completion program in Business Administration at Mount Aloysius College allows qualifying students with an associate degree or 60 hours of college credits to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in 2 to 2 1/2 years!
Students are able to apply what they learn immediately in their professional field. All classes are taught by fully qualified faculty, many with years of business field experience. Students will also draw upon their work experience for projects and assignments. This program is suitable for working adults who aspire to leadership positions within their organization or who aim at making a significant career transition into management.
Increase your employment opportunities with a Business or Finance Certificate. These online certificate programs are geared toward individuals who seek knowledge in fundamental business skills or for those who want to develop a basic skill set in finance and accounting.
Business Certificate consists of 12 credits in the areas of principles of management, business law I and II, and human resources.
Finance Certificate consists of 12 credits in the areas of accounting I and II, corporate finance and economics.
For more information, contact the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education at 814-886-6406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) www.acbsp.org has awarded Mount Aloysius College accreditation of its Bachelor’s Degree Business Program.
Bachelor Degree standard field tests
Associate Degree standard field tests