Offered as: Bachelor
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Communications Media
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Sports Management
- Business Administration 4+1 (MBA Program)
Why study Business Administration at Mount Aloysius College?
At Mount Aloysius our Business program is ranked in the top 35% in the United States. The academic study of Business at Mount Aloysius integrates accounting, finance, management and marketing. The study of Business is exciting; it acknowledges the reality that instantaneous communication offers unlimited opportunity in global markets. Students here benefit from an academic approach that encourages personal leadership development, written and oral communication skills, and analytical ability using cutting edge technology.
You will work closely with a strong faculty who will generously share their professional experiences and support your success while you are gaining your own real-world experience.
What does a Business Administration graduate do?
Students studying Business Administration at Mount Aloysius offers many career options. The degree is flexible, enabling immediate entry into the workforce or advanced study. The program is management-oriented with explorations into accounting, finance, marketing and much more. Take your choice. Graduates of the Mount Aloysius College Business program enjoy an excellent reputation among regional employers.
Our Business Administration graduates understand that their degree opens doors to a multitude of possibilities with a skill set that is in demand everywhere.
After graduation some of your career choices may be:
- Business Manager
- Sports Manager
- Marketing Professional
- Human Resource Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Sustainability Officer
- General and Operations Manager
- Matt Duval, Class of 2008, is a Solutions Specialist at Old Dominion Freight.
- Bryan Nolan, Class of 2011, is a Program Manager at Sotera Defense.
- Greg Wierzbicki, Class of 2016, is a Business-Financial Analyst at Alcon.
- Matthew Metzger, Class of 2011, is a Capital Markets Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- Sean Steffy, Class of 2012/2014, is a Publications Coordinator at Mount Aloysius College
Where are graduates working?
Mount Aloysius business graduates are leading successful careers at places such as:
- Aerotek Professional Services Recruiter
- American Racer Tires
- Atlanta Hawks
- Blair County Senior Services
- Guthrie Health
- Morgan Stanley
- Northrop Grumman
- Old Dominion Trucking Company
- Soccer Coach at Hampden-Sydney College
- UPMC Hospital
Who will teach me?
The Business Department is comprised of full time faculty, 50% of whom have terminal degrees in their field and decades of experience working for both profit and nonprofit enterprises. The department also employs adjunct faculty who are using their skills now in the business world. These men and women also bring real-time and real-world experience to the classroom.
Are there job openings? How much will I make?
A graduate with a business degree is able to pursue any number of career options. The demand for Human Resources Managers is expected to rise 9% from 2014 to 2024, an increase of 10,800 jobs.
The average median wage for a Human Resources Manager in the state of Pennsylvania is $132,960.
New Specialization: Sports Management
Watch the video above to learn more about the Business Administration Major with a Special Concentration in Sports Management at Mount Aloysius College.
MAC Internship Benefits:
- Real world exposure
- Application of skills
- Networking for employment placement
Recent Internship Opportunities
- Lindsey Mercer, Class of 2016 – Completed her internship with the Altoona Curve.
- Nick DiDiano, Class of 2016 – Completed his internship at Duquesne Light in Pittsburgh as a Human Resources Specialist.
- Jordan Campano, Class of 2017- Completed his internship at Revenue Cycle in Pittsburgh as a Health Care Consultant
- Altoona Curve, Altoona, Pa.
- Oryx Nashville, Inc. Nashville, Tn.
- DRS Technologies, Johnstown, Pa.
- Blair Companies, Altoona, Pa.
- Tomahawks, Johnstown, Pa.
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The Tree Tops Schools International, Murang’a, (Kenya)
- Emphasize decision-making from an organizational perspective, integrating the traditional academic areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing;
- Integrate business theory with business practice, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace;
- Develop analytical and interpersonal skills necessary for problem solving;
- Learn how to manage business information, blending technological expertise with written and oral communication skills;
- Appreciate the impact of the liberal arts on social activity and business enterprise; and
- Become academically prepared for graduate and further study.
Note: Learning goals are subject to regular review and revision.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) www.acbsp.org has awarded Mount Aloysius College accreditation of its Bachelor’s Degree Business Program.
Bachelor Degree standard field tests
What's The Next Step?
Get a fee-waived application, check out our beautiful campus, and meet faculty and students!