Offered as: Associate, Bachelor
- Forensic Accounting in Criminal Investigations Concentration
- Digital Forensics Investigation Concentration
- Correctional Administration
- Criminal Justice Addictions Certification
- Forensic Investigation Certification
Why study Criminology at Mount Aloysius College?
Mount Aloysius Criminology graduates find fulfilling careers as professionals in police departments, correctional facilities, probation offices and a variety of forensic investigative positions. Some have also opted for law school and advanced graduate study.
Mount Aloysius graduates present a well-rounded portfolio of coursework to prospective employers that includes a strong foundation in liberal arts and exposure to the core values of service, hospitality, mercy and justice.
Our graduates serve as professionals in juvenile counseling centers, federal, state and local prisons and other municipal, county and state administrative offices. Course concentrations are career-oriented and specialized.
What do Criminologists do?
Criminologists are sociologists who study criminal behavior. These professionals analyze criminal patterns based on biographical, social and psychological factors that aid law enforcement in assessing criminals. Criminologists also process crime scenes forensically to determine if a subject could have committed a certain type of crime. Their main focus is to understand the rationales that motivate criminal behavior.
After graduating with a degree in Criminology, career paths include:
- Police Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Juvenile Counselor
- Forensic Analyst
Recent Success Stories
- Mary Friend, Class of 2016, is continuing her education at Indiana State University in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Matthew Cornetti, Class of 2012, is a Pennsylvania State Trooper.
- Joey Hribar, Class of 2012, is the Chief Deputy Coroner for Cambria County.
- Austin Toth, Class of 2016, is continuing his education at Lehigh University, where he is a graduate assistant.
Who will teach me?
Criminology Department faculty members include full-time faculty who hold doctorate degrees in their disciplines. Criminology faculty bring experiences and expertise into the classroom that deepens our student’s knowledge and appreciation of this exciting and demanding profession.
Dig DeeperProgram Options
- Available internships in variety of settings including our local prisons. Upon completion students are certified as a correctional officer.
- Concentration in Forensic Accounting in Criminal Investigations – This focus is a common prerequisite for assignment in the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Criminal Justice Addictions Certification – course satisfies the academic component of state certification
- Certificate in Forensic Investigation – enabling grads to investigate crime scenes
- Certificate in Correctional Administration
Criminology at Mount Aloysius College prepares students for work in a variety of settings within the criminal justice system. In addition, students will receive a solid foundation in liberal arts, focusing on honing their ability to communicate professionally.
What's The Next Step?
Get a fee-waived application, check out our beautiful campus, and meet faculty and students!