Thank You Letter and Profile Submission – August 30, 2019
Thank You Letter, Guidelines, and Sample
Dinner RSVP – October 8, 2019
- You have been given a gift, so thank your donor sincerely and from the heart.
- If you receive more than one scholarship, you need a separate letter for each.
- Proofread carefully before submitting. If there are errors, you will be contacted to correct them.
- Do not copy thank you letter from any website or your friends.
- Must be typed and should contain at least 3 paragraphs.
- Do not date the letter.
- All greetings should read, Dear Benefactor.
- Include gratitude and appreciation statements.
- Mention the name of the scholarship you received.
- Write about your background (hometown, family, etc.).
- How and why you chose Mount Aloysius.
- A sentence or two on your educational and/or career goals.
- How you chose your major.
- What you plan to do with your education, etc.
- If you received the same scholarship last year, write how it’s helped you this year.
- How the scholarship award inspires you to work harder to achieve your goal(s).
- Use a closing such as Sincerely, Gratefully, With Gratitude, etc.
- Type your first and last name, and if you want, your expected graduation year.
- Sign your name after the closing and before your typed name.
Sample Thank You Letter
The following is just a sample. You will need to add your personal touch to the letter.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your generosity in providing this scholarship assistance to me as I pursue my education at Mount Aloysius College. I was excited to learn that I am the recipient of the _________________ Scholarship. It helps to alleviate my financial burden as I complete my education.
As a ______________(freshman/junior/sophomore/senior) majoring in __________, it will help me to attain my goal of becoming a ________. In high school, I volunteered at UPMC Hospital in Altoona and knew then that I wanted to become a nurse to help others. I am anxious to learn more about the field of nursing and begin clinical training.
Receiving this scholarship motivates me to maintain a good GPA and complete my degree. Thank you again for your generosity. I look forward to meeting you at the scholarship dinner to thank you in person.
(First & Last Name typed)
When you are finished writing your letter print it, sign it and…
Fill out the online Student Profile form here.
- Dress is business professional – dress shirts, pants, ties, dresses, skirts. NO blue jeans, tee-shirts, short-shorts or skirts, sweatshirts or revealing clothing.
- Be prepared to talk about yourself – your major, what made you choose MAC, organization involvement and volunteer service.
- Show confidence – smile, head high, good posture and speak slowly.
- Be conscience of your body language – your handshake should be firm, with an energy that communicates sincerity, strength and professionalism.
- Guests are not permitted.
- Chicken Picatta
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
Scholarship Donor Dinner
Tuesday – October 29, 2019
Bertschi Center & Technology Commons
Registration @ 6 p.m.
Dinner Seating @ 6:15 p.m
RSVP by October 8, 2019
Office of Institutional Advancement
Manager of Annual Giving