Welcome to Mount Aloysius Residence Life and Housing Services. The Department of Residence Life and Housing at Mount Aloysius College is tasked with providing a safe, community-centered living environment on campus. The Department of Residence Life also enriches campus life through the creation of co-curricular events that broaden and deepen students’ academic experiences.
What You Need to Know About Living on Campus
Spring 2023 Move-In Day Information
New Student Move In – Sunday, January 26, 2023 from 10:00am – 2:00pm at Cosgrave Center Lobby. New Students will pick up their keys and be directed to their assigned residence halls. Any New Students arriving after 2:00pm may contact the Residence Life Professional Staff Duty Phone at (814) 540-5508 to obtain their keys.
Returning Student Move In – Residence Hall will be open for returning Mounties on Sunday, January 26, 2023 at 10:00am.
Misciagna Residence Hall offers students suite living in a wireless environment, with central air conditioning. Each suite has a living room with a couch and chairs, a kitchenette that includes a microwave, sink and small refrigerator. The suites feature two bedrooms and a bathroom. Laundry facilities are located on each of the three floors.
Ihmsen Hall (Newly Renovated!)
Ihmsen Hall is the primary freshman residence hall. Its rooms are cozy and comfortable, with attached bathrooms shared between two rooms. Each room also comes equipped with wireless internet access. Kitchen facilities, microwaves, TV lounges and computer rooms are spread throughout the building as well. Ihmsen’s renovation included a new flat roof, new windows, and new exterior brick with added insulation. It also saw the addition of an elevator and air conditioning to the hall, as well as updates to the rooms themselves. All rooms will have new flooring, ceilings, and paint, new shelving units in the closets, new vanities for the sinks, and new bed frames, desks, and dressers. The lounge on the ground floor was enlarged to take up more space on the breezeway, and it will include a larger space for students to study and relax, as well as several quiet study rooms and much more.
St. Joseph’s Hall
St. Joseph’s Hall houses primarily first-year students. Each room in St. Joseph’s Hall contains its own sink, and mirror. Each resident is provided with a bed, dresser, desk, and chair. Residents on each floor share a common bathroom which is cleaned daily by Housekeeping staff. The first and second floors are female-only, and the ground floor has rooms just for male students.
What to Bring
- Pillow, Blanket, Sheets, and Mattress Pad (extra-long twin)
- Toiletries & Toiletry Caddy (personal items should not be stored in the bathroom)
- Shower Shoes/Flip Flops
- School Supplies
- Laundry Detergent/Basket
- Clothes Hangers
- Refrigerator or Microfridge (UL approved, up to 4.0 cubic feet)
- UL Approved Surge Protector with 15 amp
- Desk Lamp
- UL Approved LED String Lights (all adhesive backing is prohibited)
- Crates or Storage Solutions
- Decorative Items (that can be used with push pins only)
- Waste Basket
- Sewing Kit
- Cleaning Supplies
- Streaming Device (Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, etc.)
- Video Game System
- Rug – St. Joe’s & Ihmsen rooms 11’x11′
- Rug – Misciagna Hall bedrooms 10’x14′
- Keurig and other single-serve coffee makers (not containing a hot plate)
- Renter’s Insurance
Your room includes an extra-long twin size bunkable bed, dresser, desk, chair, mirror, sink/vanity, and closet.
What Not to Bring
- Halogen Bulbs or Lamps
- Pets (unless approved ESA or Service Animal)
- Mattresses or Water Beds
- Hot Plates and Barbecues
- Microwaves, Toasters, Electric or Toaster Ovens
- Space Heaters and Air Conditioners
- Candles or Incense
- Loud Amplified Stereos
- Adhesive Backing and Tape that Damages Surfaces
Please refer to the Student Handbook for specific policies