The Mount Aloysius Conference on College Teaching aims to bring high school and higher education faculty together to foster discourse on student learning, pedagogical approaches and academic, athletic and social engagement.
Information about the Conference
Lynanne Black, Ph.D., Department of Educational and School Psychology, Indiana University of PennsylvaniaLynanne Black is a certified school psychologist and an associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). Black has taught numerous courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of educational psychology, learning, behavior, assessment and intervention, and family-school relations.
Upon coming to IUP, Black has taken on several leadership roles, including director of the Child Study Center, internship coordinator, chair of the Department Review Board, and cochair of the Children’s Advisory Commission of Indiana County, all leading to her current position as chair of the department. Furthermore, she served as the mental health consultant to Indiana County Head Start from December 2005 to May 2010.
Black’s areas of interest include preschool assessment, parental involvement in children’s education, school-family partnerships, and emergent literacy
From January 10th to May 15th, 2020, we welcome proposals in the following areas:
- Dual enrollment and college preparation
- Recruitment and retention
- Technology and social media
- Health and wellness
- Poster: Poster sessions provide an informal opportunity for participants to highlight teaching-related topics.
- Paper Presentations: Paper presentations provide a more formal opportunity for participants to highlight teaching-related topics. Paper presentations may be individual works or co-authored/co-presented.
All presenters are required to register by July 24, 2020.
Registration is not yet open
All presenters are required to register by May 15, 2020.
Conference registration is $75.
- Access to all conference events
- Appetizers at pre-conference social event in Wolf-Kuhn Gallery at Mount Aloysius College on Friday, October 22, 2020
- Breakfast and lunch (October 23, 2020)
Please note: There is no on-site registration. All participants must register online through our website in advance. No refunds will be issued for registration costs.
October 22, 2020
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Pre-Conference Social Event in the Wolf-Kuhn Gallery on the campus of Mount Aloysius College
October 23, 2020
- 7:45 am – 10:00 am: Check-In and breakfast (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 8:30am-8:45am: Opening Remarks (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 9:00am-9:45am: Presentation Session 1 (Cosgrave meeting rooms, Academic Hall)
- 10:00am-10:45am: Presentation Session 2 (Cosgrave meeting rooms, Academic Hall)
- 11:00am-11:45am: Presentation Session 3 (Cosgrave meeting rooms, Academic Hall)
- 12:00pm-12:45pm: Lunch (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 1:00pm-1:45pm: Keynote Address: Dr. Lynanne Black (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 2:00pm-2:45pm: Presentation Session 4 (Cosgrave meeting rooms, Academic Hall)
- 3:00pm-3:45pm: Roundtable Discussions (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 4:00pm-4:45pm: Poster Session (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
- 4:45pm-5:00pm: Closing Remarks (Bertschi Center and Technology Commons)
111 Cook Road – Route 22 and 219
Ebensburg, PA 15931
Cresson House Bed and Breakfast
417 Park Avenue
Cresson, PA 16630
The Station Inn
827 Front Street
Cresson, PA 16630